PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

make your own christmas booze!!

Options

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Something for the more hardened drinkers (unfortunately that does occasionally include me- but at least it is not common!)
    It's something my friends in Finland do,
    Take a bottle of cheap Vodka, give about a glass of it to someone unsuspecting (to make space in the bottle), then add strong liquorice sweets to taste(they can be pastilles, all sorts, it really doesn't matter). Close the bottle, shake well and stand for as long as you need (minimum two weeks). Shake again before serving. It makes an amazingly tasty "short" to help digestion (yeah yeah) after Christmas Dinners! And conks you out fast if you're not careful.

oooh, that sounds good. will it knock the kids out xmas eve?
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mmmm! Thank you for the recipe, I will give it a go this year. Tia Maria is a favourite of mine - must be something to do with where I come from! I don't wear the white stilettos though as after too many Tia Marias I would probably fall off them!! ;D
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Nickynoo1
    Options
    In the pub where i work the young girls drink tia maria with orange juice. Apparently it tastes like terry's chocolate orange! looks a bit like a muddy puddle.

Don't know if this would make you more or less common though. More so probably.

Nickynoo1
    16/06/16 £11446 30/12/16 £9661.49
    01/08/17 £7643.69
  • bargainqueen_2
    Options
    It will not only knock out the kids, it will also knock out the in-laws, dogs and anyone else that dares to intrude while you're snuggled up on the sofa needing peace and quiet :D Which is why this year anyone that comes unsuspectingly to my house will be given a small bottle of "Salmiakki" and made to drink it there and then ;D ;D
    Three years, six months, three weeks, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds. 26011 cigarettes not smoked, saving $11,704.80. Life saved: 12 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes.
  • kathkidd
    Options
    Tried (and tested!) the whisky and rum based ones ;D and the verdict is a definite mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Thanks everyone :-* :-*
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
    Giddy up old fella cos the moon is yellow tonight,
    Giddy up old fella cos the moon is mellow and bright,
    There’s a coyote crying at the moon above,
    Carry me back to the one I love,
    And you old faithful pal of mine.
  • KK
    KK Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    My father in law makes sloe gin every year for Christmas and in theory keeps a bottle to mature - sometimes we drink older stuff and it is lovely. The one year he picked too many sloes and gave me some to make was the year I was just pregnant, so being a good girl, didn't get to try my sloe gin at all. I still have it 5 years later and it hasn't deteriorated at all. Mine is very pale as I don't think I steeped the sloes long enough, but it still tastes good - and I don't even like gin!
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Wirm posted this recipe in the Arms a while ago, thought I'd share it in here as it's darn good ;D

Similar to the vodka / liquorish idea

1 1/2 Bottle vodka
    2 Normal size bags or 1 family bag of skittles

Take approx 1 or 2 measure of vodka out of the bottle, pour in skittles, leave until all the colour has gone out of the skittles.

Serve cold from the fridge in shot glasses.

Yummy Yummy!

Hits you a bit if you overindulge though! ;D
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Have just made a batch of skittles vodka

Will let you know how it turns out ;D
  • Ging_3
    Options
    KK I was interested to hear that your sloe gin keeps. I make sloe vodka and as I'm knocking on a bit, for the last five years I've been making an extra bottle to put in the attic for when clambering over the hill after sloes becomes a bit of an effort! I plan to start the first bottle after ten years and hopefully get the grandchildren picking if I can't. I was a bit worried I might end up with ten strange flavoured bottles of vodka. By the way I've just tasted the new batch - well worth the clambering!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ive got vodka on the go with liquorce in it, will ley you know how it turns out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure