Sky Sports Pause ending - Confirmed

Options
Sky have confirmed that they are ending the Pause facility for Sky Sports (and BT Sports if you are billed by Sky) from 19th June.

I do appreciate Sky are a company that need to meet costs and make profits.

However, I am disgusted by this decision and do not think it is morally right or Justifiable. By June 19th, at a conservative estimate, less than 10% of the live sports that people pay to see will be available. Yet Sky have decided to charge full subscription prices straight away. I feel they should have started by maybe charging 20-25% of the subscription fee and then increasing this as and when more live sports became available.

I have complained in writing to Sky about this and I hope that they will review this decision. I encourage others to do the same.

I've already had a refund for the June charges by telephoning and complaining so it is definitely worth people making their feelings known.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am personally disgusted by many people in this emergency scam artists etc .
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is still a message on the Sy. com Future Bills section re suspension of charging for Sports - it says that they will be in touch should anything change. 
  • alrightdave
    Options
    There is a post on Sky's account & billing forum confirming the end of the Pause from June 19th. Also, I've had it confirmed when speaking to Sky.

The message you refer to sadly just goes to show that they are taking their time to inform customers.

Check your June bill and you will see charges reappearing from June 19th.
  • alrightdave
    Options
    Here is the post from a Sky employee.

Update 26th May 10:31am

We're in the process of un-pausing Sky Sports as we see more live sport return during June. Some of you will have noticed that we'll be restarting subscriptions from the 19th of June and we'll be making more information available shortly.

• brewerdave
    edited 27 May 2020 at 10:59AM
    Options
    There is a post on Sky's account & billing forum confirming the end of the Pause from June 19th. Also, I've had it confirmed when speaking to Sky.

The message you refer to sadly just goes to show that they are taking their time to inform customers.

Check your June bill and you will see charges reappearing from June 19th.
    Future Bills already showed the discount ending ~ July 1st - and its been like that since I first paused the subscription. Still does this a.m and the message is still there. If you are right, they are a miserable bunch of money grabbing bar stewards - but we already knew that  >:) 
    EDIT - Just found my log in for Sky forum - you are correct - why haven't they removed the message ? And what live sports do they see returning from 19th June ??
  • alrightdave
    Options
    Totally agree Brewerdave. 
    The post above is taken directly from a Sky employee on the Sky forum so sadly it does appear to be the case.

My only hope is that because they haven't communicated this change very well yet, when customers do become more aware of the change, I think Sky will be inundated with complaints!
  • brewerdave
    Options
    All there needs to be is an outbreak at one of the Premier League clubs when/if they start proper training (and they are only meeting on Weds. to talk about it happening), and  it will all come to a crunching halt again. 
    Checking this morning, there are not even potential agreed dates for other Summer sports to start and F1 is up in the air because of the 14 day quarantine. 
  • alrightdave
    Options
    Yeah, it's crazy. I've sent a complaint to Sky for this exact reason. Even if some live sport does resume in June, it will be about 10% of what customers normally pay for.

• brewerdave
    Options
    Seen possible dates for Test cricket from 8th July - but still a lot of doubts about that. British Grand Prix 19th &/or 26th July? All dependent on quarantine regs. 
    So in June /early July possibly only Prem. footy on. Since I'm not a footy fan not much use to me. No sign of rugby anytime soon ,either Union or League.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    What now makes this worse ,is that 25 Premier League matches are going to be shown FTA on BBC!
    So the barstewards at Sky will be charging full rate for just a few more footy matches   >:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback