New Post Advanced Search

It's time to begin.....

249 replies 13K views

Replies

• KakisteKakiste Forumite
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    My dad gave me £50 to get my daughter a bike for her birthday in September. Found a beautiful one that's barely used for £40 which my sister in law is picking up for me tomorrow. Another birthday present in the bag. :smile:
    Dad wants me to buy her an outfit with the remaining money so I'm looking forward to shopping for that. 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • edited 8 August at 9:57AM
    KakisteKakiste Forumite
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 8 August at 9:57AM
    Went to the gym this morning for an hour. I thought I'd go at 8-9 so it wouldn't impact on the rest of my family but it was hard work going back to waking up at 7.30! :wink:

Heading round to one of my friends this afternoon. Our kids have known each other since they were 2 and are now in the same school so we've organised weekly meetups as they're missing each other. This week it's at their house so that's a NSD right there. :smile:  
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • PommeVertePommeVerte Forumite
    245 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Kakiste said:
    Made banana bread this evening with the sprog as I got four bananas from food group that were a lot past their best. Sprog is now checking every 5 mins if it's cool enough to eat yet.
     It looks good. 
    am reading through your diary ! Just got to the banana bread, where did you get these long loaf cake paper case thingamees from ?? 
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Dunelm mill. They were on sale for about £1.50. 
    I've seen them in Home bargains as well in the past. 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Well Preston is in local restrictions which has messed up our plans for next week. We're about 30 mins away and my husband had taken a job for a bloke he knows to build him a wall storage unit but of course that's now delayed. 
    I'm going to try for a full day of sewing today - make some extra money towards days out/activities given it's the summer holidays  
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • thriftyishthriftyish Forumite
    104 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Your plan for the next few years sounds amazing, all the very best of luck - you are doing fantastic, and that's a brilliant amount to be able to save up each month when you are df. Sounds like you had a fab birthday, many happy returns! 
    Starting debt @ July 2020: £3922 
    Now: £1982
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Gym again this morning. Starting to feel fitter again. :smile: Got another 3 sessions booked this week. 
    I've managed to pick up Animal crossing, Pokemon let's go eevee and Minecraft games for the switch on fb marketplace and eBay in the last week. All three still cost £50 new and I managed to get the three for a total of £80 which has saved me £70. 
    I now just need to buy a couple of cheap bits in September (sticker books, cuddly Pokemon etc) to round out her birthday presents but the main one is done, wrapped and on top of the kitchen cupboards! :wink:
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Went to the park this morning to take advantage of the sun. Met up with friends whilst there and took drinks from home. 
    Going to a dance class at the gym in 2 hours so am sitting in the garden until then. Successful NSD achieved. :smile:

Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness it's hot! 27 degrees and blazing sun here. 
    I've done washed all the towels in the house this morning to take advantage of the sun and then done pretty much nothing except laze and drink water for the rest of the day! 
    Going to have a more productive day tomorrow but really enjoyed the lazy day today. :) 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • edited 13 August at 9:46PM
    KakisteKakiste Forumite
    236 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 13 August at 9:46PM
    Went back to the beach this morning- got the tide times waaaay wrong today so no swimming for us today. But we had a look at some rockpools for a couple of hours. 

I've made £20 in the last 2 weeks on prolific- got onto three multiple surveys which all paid well. Ive used the money on the John Pye (auction website) and bought a combination lot- containing a Kenwood Buckingham coffee maker (RRP £35) and a Tassimo Vivy 2 (RRP £55) I got both for a complete total of £12!

I've wanted a Tassimo for ages (old horrible work used to.have one - one of the only good points to it) but I wasn't prepared to pay £55 for a 'want'
    Anyhow - it was collection only from the Edinburgh site so one of my Edinburgh friends grabbed it for me on the way home today- I'll get it in October when he next comes down to see family.
    Very pleased with that. :smile:  
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go.