No bookmarks

Options
2»

Comments

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you click your profile picture at the top right of screen, select edit profile there's a list on the left, one of which is notifications. Using that option you can select or de-select email notifications for various situations one of which is "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you click your profile picture at the top right of screen, select edit profile there's a list on the left, one of which is notifications. Using that option you can select or de-select email notifications for various situations one of which is "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

Thanks for that, just had a look.
    Does anyone know what "Notify me when people write on my wall." means?

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    J_B said:

Thanks for that, just had a look.
    Does anyone know what "Notify me when people write on my wall." means?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6162934/whats-my-wall
    I think it's been "deactivated"
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks. I've enabled email notifications for 'Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.'

I don't remember doing that on old forum. So, if it's something mse changed with new forum it should have been made apparent. Perhaps for a few months after new forum came online mse could have had a message appearing on screen Everytime we posted something (with option to 'do not show this message again') to tell us notifications by email won't be received unless they are enabled in 'edit' profile.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    added the 'consumer rights' board to my favourites yesterday. This morning my inbox was flooded with emails notifying me of each reply in that forum and new thread created etc. 

I've had to hunt around and find the setting to 'unfollow - only send default notifications' not 'notify of all new posts'. Anyone interested, you have to go to that forum home page then click on the bell icon on right side of screen. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback