No bookmarks

Be_Happy
Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I thought all threads I posted on would show up in Bookmarks as they did in subscribed threads, but nothing has appeared in my bookmarks after 18 April.  Is there something I should be doing to get threads I post on to show up.

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Nah, it's just another 'benefit' of the new forum!  :(
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Be_Happy said:
    I thought all threads I posted on would show up in Bookmarks as they did in subscribed threads, but nothing has appeared in my bookmarks after 18 April.  Is there something I should be doing to get threads I post on to show up.
    You click on the flag icon next to the thread title on the thread's board. You'll get notified whenever anybody posts on that thread. As for threads you have posted on....all you can really do is search your own posting history.
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Even threads that you have started don't automatically show up as bookmarked, you need to do that yourself from the index of the forum that you started the thread on.
  • Be_Happy
    joansgirl said:
    Be_Happy said:
    You click on the flag icon next to the thread title on the thread's board. You'll get notified whenever anybody posts on that thread. As for threads you have posted on....all you can really do is search your own posting history.
    Thanks.  When you say notified, does this mean that I would get an email message each time.  I don't really want my emails cluttered up like that.  What I couldn't understand was why, when I clicked on bookmarks, I could see threads posted on up to 18th April, but no later.
  • Be_Happy
    I'll just have to do as you say and keep a check of posts.  I found subscribed threads so useful, pity it was discontinued.

Incidentally, I wanted to add this into my previous post, but I couldn't find the 'edit' button.  Has it gone too?
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 May 2020 at 11:36AM
    How to edit a post ...

• joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899 Forumite
    Be_Happy said:
    joansgirl said:
    Be_Happy said:
    Thanks.  When you say notified, does this mean that I would get an email message each time.  I don't really want my emails cluttered up like that.  What I couldn't understand was why, when I clicked on bookmarks, I could see threads posted on up to 18th April, but no later.
    If you click your profile picture at the top right of screen, select edit profile there's a list on the left, one of which is notifications. Using that option you can select or de-select email notifications.
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • Be_Happy
    J_B said:
    How to edit a post ...

Thanks.  I'd never noticed the edit button had gone until I went to use it today.   Never noticed the extra button on the blue band, but will know how to use it next time.
  • Be_Happy
    joansgirl said:
    Be_Happy said:
    joansgirl said:
    Be_Happy said:
    If you click your profile picture at the top right of screen, select edit profile there's a list on the left, one of which is notifications. Using that option you can select or de-select email notifications.
    Thanks.  I understand this now.  Grateful for help.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 13 August 2021 at 8:24AM
    Be_Happy said:
    I'll just have to do as you say and keep a check of posts.  I found subscribed threads so useful, pity it was discontinued.

Incidentally, I wanted to add this into my previous post, but I couldn't find the 'edit' button.  Has it gone too?
    In old forum, I believe we 'subscribed' to the thread automatically when we posted on the thread. With new forum, I've often asked a question (or replied to a members question) then missed replies because I wasn't aware that I had to bookmark the thread for me to receive an email notification.

As someone that doesn't post that often, I don't particularly mind receiving the email notification, but I suppose if you post often and spend most of your time on this site then you don't particularly need notifications via email and turning off the bookmark for each thread you post on can be a hassle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback