IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park With Ease Threatening To Enhance CCTV Footage & Refusing To Remove My Keeper Data

Options

Comments

• nataliek5
    nataliek5 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why havent you received any documentation> Is your V5 correct and up to date fro mthe time? Have you moved? Check, dont assume.
    Sorry I missed this part.
    I'm not sure why I haven't received any documentation. PWE have told me that they sent 3 letters dated
    Initial letter - 12 October 2017
    Reminder letter - 27th October 2017
    Pending legal action letter - 11 November 2017.
    Note that the "offence" was in July.......... but I know that PWE don't rely on POFA anyway so I'm not reliable as keeper.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Photo enhancement my Jim Royle, just a very stupid threat that only a bully, unsure of their position, would make.  Silly in the extreme. 

Why not go on the attack and ask them to provide you with the enhanced photos so that you can identify the driver, which will help PWE pursue the right person.  After all, their NtK invites a Registered Keeper to identify the driver. Await the no response!

But please do this, it won't be to any detriment, it will stand you out as someone prepared to take the fight to a bully. Bullies don't like that!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you checked you V5? What is the DOCREF date on it, which shows the date the DVLA updated it?
  • nataliek5
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Even if they could retrieve an image of the driver, which they can't, what are they going to do with that?

They do not have a database of images that they can get a name from.
    Sorry if I'm a little behind with this...................... but, if they did take me to court and showed some enhanced images, and it happens to be a photograph of someone that I recognise, or even (extremely unlikely) me, what happens then?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2020 at 5:25PM
    Options
    just because you see it happen on NCIS and CSI and other USA tv programmes doesnt make it true or feasible

you watch Eric or Nell use traffic cams to get images and then use blow ups and software to get number plate data and blow up peoples faces and then run it through facial rec or the D & V database to check against a drivers licence or mugshot or whatever , then you think "oh that must be true and modern technology is that good it can see a gnat on a horses bum at 100 miles and knows the name of those 2 "animals + insects so they the non authority private parking company here in the UK that isnt run by MI5 or the government must be able to do the same"

yeah , right

try blowing up a photo and see how the picture pixellates and distorts !! plus they could not afford to pay for a McGhee or a Nell or an Eric

and where is this UK mugshot database ? who owns it or runs it ? who has access to it ?

They certainly cannot gain access to the passport office or the DVLA driving licence devision, or the PNC used by the police , data privacy would be livid if that were to happen , talk about wikiprivacy !!

watching too much tv can distort your vision of the world, and the fools working for the private parking companies do the same , so they think that the transporter in Star Trek is real too
  • nataliek5
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Photo enhancement my Jim Royle, just a very stupid threat that only a bully, unsure of their position, would make.  Silly in the extreme. 

Why not go on the attack and ask them to provide you with the enhanced photos so that you can identify the driver, which will help PWE pursue the right person.  After all, their NtK invites a Registered Keeper to identify the driver. Await the no response!

But please do this, it won't be to any detriment, it will stand you out as someone prepared to take the fight to a bully. Bullies don't like that!
    Great advice, I will do just this. Thanks.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2020 at 5:29PM
    Options
    if they had these human pictures they should disclose them in the SAR as your right under the old DPA which is now the GDPR

as a data controller they have to provide you with all your data about you and your vehicle when you do the SAR, plus when they provide their exhibits to you and to the court , in the build up to the actual court case

if they ran a database check on those pictures , they should disclose it

as Umkomaas says , ask for those pics in your SAR , put johnny on the spot
  • nataliek5
    Options
    Redx said:
    if they had these human pictures they should disclose them in the SAR as your right under the old DPA which is now the GDPR

as a data controller they have to provide you with all your data about you and your vehicle when you do the SAR, plus when they provide their exhibits to you and to the court , in the build up to the actual court case

if they ran a database check on those pictures , they should disclose it

as Umkomaas says , ask for those pics in your SAR , put johnny on the spot
    So are you saying that (if by some unlikely event they do enhance the images) they couldn't just present these images in court?
    To be honest I'm terrified of going to court regardless of whether I win or lose..... I know it's unlikely but there's still a very slim chance :( 
    What if they show the images in court and it turns out to be someone I know? Or the judge thinks it looks like me? I'd lose the case then wouldn't I? Would court fees then be added to the total amount owed??
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nataliek5 said:
    To be honest I'm terrified of going to court...
    Have you seen this short video?...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93eoaxhzpU

Is that what you imagined?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family