Options
1171172173174175177»

Comments

• Sistergold
    Sistergold Posts: 2,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! 
    I am happy to announce that I finally finished making my son’s bed! He is now officially a big boy as he now sleeps on his new bed! His old single bed(part of childhood bunk bed) is out and new bed is in! He has now slept on it a few nights with no incident! No incident you might ask? Well in my enthusiasm I did not realise the bed will become a very high bed! I wanted ample storage under the bed which made it high right from the start! THEN without thinking much I bought a very thick mattress 33cm infact increasing the height further. Then I purchased 12cm castor wheels for the bed as I want it movable so as to be able to easily clean under the bed! The end was a “very high bed”. I have since replaced the 12cm castor wheels with 10cm ones(very little helps and all). He has slept on it past few days and has gotten to like the bed even with the hight! I asked him if he wanted a stool to easily get on and he said no. He is a tall boy so? For now the agreement is that he uses as is and see how he feels after a few months. If he needs it lowered the first option is to buy a thinner mattress if still too high then next is to remove the wheels. 

For now it’s onwards to other projects. Study desk for his bedroom. He has a small folding desk which he has been using but a bigger desk will be better I 🤔 . 
    Initial mortgage bal £487.5k, current £266.8k, target £243,750(halfway!)
    Mortgage start date first week of July 2019,
    Mortgage term 23yrs(end of June 2042🙇🏽♀️), 
    Target is to pay it off in 10years(by 2030🥳). 
    MFW#10 (2022/23 mfw#34)(2021 mfw#47)(2020 mfw#136)
    £12K in 2021 #54 (in 2020 #148)
    MFiT-T6#27
    To save £100K in 48months start 01/07/2020 Achieved 30/05/2023 👯♀️
    Am a single mom of 4. 
    Do not wait to buy a property, Buy a property and wait. 🤓
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ha love the height issue and I bet he loves being so high 
    Loving your 17 possible future solutions lying in wait 

if I do welding I will look like the Michelin man :) I will want full protection .. and do a course first 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • Sistergold
    Options
    @LadyWithAPlan, I was surprised that he ended up loving the hight, for me I felt it was a disaster. I was worried he will fall off during the night and break his neck or something! 
    MFiT-T6#27
    Am a single mom of 4. 
  • LadyWithAPlan
    Options
    He is a kid so fearless no doubt. I love sleeping high.
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

Exercise streak  

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • Sistergold
    Options
    Oh how where has the time gone? Went to check on my mortgage balance to do an update only to realise that I did not update last month. So money went out February and also in March. 
    January balance 

Two months later 

Looks like 5 more months and will be in the £25#k? I can not wait! 

On the house front well things can be somewhat overwhelming, being a single mom, holding a job and the long list of things to do around the house. Yes the long list, I guess that’s the hardest to get done. Snatching little time here and there to fix this and that? Well the trick is doing one item at a time I guess! 

Enjoy your week ladies
    MFiT-T6#27
    Am a single mom of 4. 
  • LadyWithAPlan
    Options
    Well done on getting your mortgage down - £250k will be a great new target 

I am not as busy as you - no kids for a start !- no idea how single working mums do it but I have a whiteboard with all the to dos to the left column  on my yellow stickies and then focus on  a few of the tasks (urgent or picked as my next project ) and move those across to the middle to focus on (and off the board when done) 
    it means I don’t miss things and I can add to the left without feeling overwhelm

Exercise streak  

• Sistergold
    Options
    Thank you @LadyWithAPlan, stickies do sound like a good idea. I have a wall in the kitchen I have been thinking of installing a whiteboard or cork board.   Will add that to my todo list, install a whiteboard! I will straight away start on the sticky note idea on the bare wall for now! 🥰
    MFiT-T6#27
    Am a single mom of 4. 
  • Sistergold
    edited 1 April at 4:44PM
    Options
    Oh hello all you lovely ladies! Hope you have enjoyed the long weekend? Enjoyed your homes? The last few days was lovely with bits of sunshine giving the promise of a summer to come. Oh how I miss and am looking forward to summer! 
    Today though was a bit overcast and now it’s “raining” 😕. On Thursday I did a bit of cutting to start making some brackets for two wall mounted desks. Today I welded the cut metal but in the end I was dogging the rain. Only just managed to finish by welding then grinding down and cleaning in between showers. I also just managed to cut the wood for the desks. One desk will be for my daughter to place her makeup mirror and beauty stuff and the other desk is for my son’s bedroom to keep his keyboard. This will free their current study desks just for study. They are both going into the years when they need to be serious about their studying and I need the study desks not to compete with other items as this leads to studying on the bed or in the lounge. Using the lounge can be inconvenient as others then can not watch television. With so many people someone is always in someone else’s way! 
    So the wood and brackets are all ready and in the garage. Have had to switch on the heater in the garage to dry the wood as it got a bit wet. I hope to start painting it all and install sometime this week. Everyone is at home as the schools are closed for now. 
    It’s so wet outside and after all that rain now the sun is out again. Should I go and set up to paint? Will see just want it all done now. 
    MFiT-T6#27
    Am a single mom of 4. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business