IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Surprise CCJ - please help!

edited 27 April 2020 at 2:47PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
93 replies 7.8K views

Replies

• 123MrsT123MrsT Forumite
    37 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad, I really cannot thank you (and some of the other members on this forum such as henrik777) enough for all of your help and support! I really would not have known where to start without this forum. 

I feel so much better now than I did this time last week and I really hope that my example can be of help to others who find themselves in a similar situation. Is it weird I actually feel some kind of honour to be linked on the NEWBIES thread? :smiley:

After checking and re-checking about 12 times, I have emailed the documents to the email address given by the CCBC when they sent me the draft N244. I'll keep this thread updated - just got to hope now that all goes well at the set aside hearing but I do feel prepared at least. 

Many many thanks once again! 
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
     I have a CCJ and in my contract there is wording that this can lead to termination. 

"Can", not "will".  Of course a CCJ can be a black mark, but an unknown default judgement by an ex clamper is not such a circumstance.  It carries no stigma whatsoever,  and is easily expunged 
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Would it be possible to post here? Many thanks.  
    Please do not post here, especially as this case is at an absolutely critical stage. Answering your questions, which will be most likely at base one, will add endless confusion. 

Are you pressing the 'New Thread' red oblong button near the top of the thread list first page?  Hit you back button to get to the thread list and look for it there please. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 12 July 2020 at 8:58PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    30.4K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 12 July 2020 at 8:58PM
    BangeF2 said:
    I cannot seem to post a new thread. Im not sure why. I have tried. Would it be possible to post here? Many thanks.  
    Using a mobile telephone often leads to unpredictability.

To start a new thread, click on this button...

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    107.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've noticed this stupid new forum has a giant 'new post' button top left of every single thread page.

WHY?  Who needs that?  I think this is the issue for some new posters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    30.4K Posts
    Forumite
    I've noticed this stupid new forum has a giant 'new post' button top left of every single thread page.

It does allow people to post on the NEWBIES thread without reading all the posts on there suggesting they don't.   ;)    ;)
  • edited 13 July 2020 at 9:33AM
    Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 13 July 2020 at 9:33AM
    KeithP said:
    It does allow people to post on the NEWBIES thread without reading all the posts on there suggesting they don't.   ;)    ;)
    ..... and I ask again (particularly after FIVE more posts on the NEWBIE sticky) why can the NEWBIE sticky not be closed and opened again when @Coupon-mad needs to edit it?

• Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That is not starting a new thread, that is trying to post a link.  Are you using a laptop/PC or a phone?
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Use a laptop
    Youre using a mobile device and thats why, on page ONE of this forum, not this thread, you cant see the massive great post new thread button. 
    Until you have posted a few times you cant post *links* to other websites
    Law enforcement will not turn up. Get that out of your head.
    It isnt an appeal
    IT is a set aside
    The newbies thread gives you a ton of info, so you must be reading that now to see how well your reasons for not replying to the claim form stack up with the examples in there.