The DFW "Celebrate Christmas for free in 2008" Challenge

Comments

• Welcome everyone!
    noggin wrote: »
    hi can i join too please?
    im going to use ebay, mystery shopping, online surverys, tesco clubcard points, boots points, yellow pages money (delivering books again in february. its donkey work but good money).

i am also wanting to try out tesco saving stamps this time round, and have already started putting £3/wk away towards pressies next year. can i count these two things in the challenge? hopefully it will be ok, cos its the encouragement im after much as anything else.

xx

Anything like that counts as far as I'm concerned. Though it would be fantastic to have a completely spend free Christmas just being completely prepared would be nice enough!
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Go on then stick me on, can I get a grand together free by 25th December 2008? Because that is about what it costs me at least. I bloomin' well doubt it but I will try :rotfl: Might give me the kick up the bum to remember to log onto the likes of Pigsback etc :o because I forget.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • lil_me wrote: »
    Go on then stick me on, can I get a grand together free by 25th December 2008? Because that is about what it costs me at least. I bloomin' well doubt it but I will try :rotfl: Might give me the kick up the bum to remember to log onto the likes of Pigsback etc :o because I forget.

It could be possible. This all started because I worked out I had received £860 or so from surveys and cashback sites this year. Sadly other than a few vouchers I wasn't organised enough to stash it away for Christmas. This year I will have to now that I've said I will on here. And I've forced OH to sign up for survey sites against his will too, so I'm hopeful he might raise a few pounds as well!
  • sweetpeas_2
    sweetpeas_2 Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    get stuff thanks chocaholic, ill start stashing properly and keep updating my sig. i need the encouragment to do it and if theres loads of us itll make it alot easier for us all. just hope the novelty doesnt wear off like march/april time, when this years out of the way and were all saving for other things like holidays etc. so, hopefully well keep each other going all through the year!!!

im also going to include my christmas week food shop which will be about £150. so i want £300 extra plus £150 for food.

wow lil_me, you sure spend alot on cmas! mind, i suppose im underestimating alot cos theres no way i only spend £300! but, its all extra isnt it, and with other commitments its a realistic amount for me to go for!

xx nog xx
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    wyebird wrote: »
    Can I join please? :T

Have used my clubcard points to get some nice "deals" pressies this year and got two free ipods for subscribing to DVD rental site for three months at a cost of £15 (from a recommendation on another thread).
    have used quidco to try online bingo sites where the cashback has exceeded the stake and even won some money once :D . Haven't dome surveys for a while. Maybe should start again........

whoa...where was this ipod deal thingy? Has it finished now?

Sea xx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Are we starting now? If we are, I have -
    Pigsback (mr tru) - £1.50
    Pigsback (me) - £2.75
    Liberty Cash - £0.20
    Archerfish - £1.97
    One Poll - £9.35
    You Gov - £14.70
    Pure Profile - £4.85
    Lightspeed - 190 points (each time I get to 230 points I cash them in for £2 into my paypal account, I'll keep a running total of the £££s from now on)
    Boots points - not sure, about £12.00, I'll have to check

TOTAL - £47.32

I always get Boots vouchers from Pigsback, I use them to buy toiletries when they're on offer - can't remember the last time I actually paid for soap or toothpaste :D So I'll carry on doing that but pay myself back in cash each time I spend a voucher.
    Bulletproof
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tru, when you transfer lightspeed money to paypal, do you get deducted money by paypal? If so, how much do you end up with each time you transfer £2 over?

Have just spent the last 20 mins clicking on surveys - only qualified for one, but will be checking my inbox daily now that I know cash is involved!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Sea78
    I don't lose any money transferring over- I 'buy' the amount in paypal vouchers with the points and then it transfers over.

Sea xx

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Then can you withdraw from paypal in the usual way?

I am lurrrving this thought!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Sea78
    Yep - it just crosses over normally - like any other balance.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills