Homebase delivery

Options
I ordered from Homebase on the 26th of March. My order was nearly £500. 3 - 5 days delivery or maybe longer due to pandemic.
My order has not arrived. I completely understand the delivery time longer BUT no contact from Homebase. I have messaged them twice but no reply. The customer service line is shut (understandably) 
I am feeling worried - the money has been taken from my account. Homebase website still states you can order and have home delivery.

Many thanks

Kathryn 

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As long as you have the transaction recorded (email order acknowledgement, for example) then you'll be fine.  Timing is unfortunate but they can't take your money and not deliver the goods.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 April 2020 at 2:37PM
    Options
    If this was an online purchase then you can cancel it at any time, before delivery and up to and including 14 days after delivery. If the goods have not arrived within 30 days of ordering then you can cancel anyway ... unless the estimate delivery date was more than 30 days (which doesn't apply in your case). In either case you can raise a chargeback claim with your card provider ... if it was a credit card then you also have a Section 75 claim right ... as a means of recovering your refund (if Homebase are tardy with their refund).
  • DodgyDave
    Options
    I ordered a 5lt tub of Cuprinol for £14 on 1st April.
    They charged me £6 for delivery within 5 days.
    Its now 10th April and no sign of it arriving.
    I understand the delay but I am not happy with paying the extortionet delivery charge of £6, especially when delivery time has not been met.
    Will Homebase refund my delivery charge or at least reduce it to an acceptable level.
    Is anyone else not happy with the inflated Homebase delivery charges ?
    Perhaps we all need (Sir) Martin Lewis to shake Homebase up  !!!!!!
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    £6 to deliver something weighing about 5kg isn't extortionate.  It might not be Amazon levels of postage charge, but Homebase is a wee bit smaller than Amazon and doesn't have the clout to get the same courier contracts. 

I think in the current circumstances you're expecting a bit much. All sorts of things are being delayed or not provided at all. If your exposure is only £20 you've got off lightl . 
  • DodgyDave
    Options
    I would have accepted a delay if only they had let me know.
    The contract was £6 for delivery within 5 days ( i would have accepted a few days on top of that in the current situation)
    Its now 10 days and no sign of dispatch and no communication.
    Just looked on Trustpilot and i'm one of many,many upset customers with similar problems.
    Come on Homebase  COMMUNICATE
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Yes, they've broken their contract.  Expecting them to be operating anything like normal is unrealistic.  It's not as if you're waiting for an essential item.  They've probably got better things to be spending their time on than your tin of paint, like keeping their business afloat. 

There are times to complain about minor inconveniences caused by operational mistakes or delays. This is not one of them. 

If you're that bothered, cancel the order, get your money back and reject the delivery if it turns up. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

There are times to complain about minor inconveniences caused by operational mistakes or delays. This is not one of them. 
    I so agree. I don't think people are realising exactly how much firms still operating during this crisis have been impacted. B&Q, for example, have had to furlough 55% of their staff because of the huge downturn. 
    Sitting at home expecting a 5litre tin of Cuprinol to be given any kind of priority for delivery is unrealistic. Clearly, they aren't about to deliver anytime soon and, while their failure to communicate that  does them no credit, such failures are only to be expected.  

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DodgyDave said:
    I would have accepted a delay if only they had let me know.
    The contract was £6 for delivery within 5 days ( i would have accepted a few days on top of that in the current situation)
    Its now 10 days and no sign of dispatch and no communication.
    Just looked on Trustpilot and i'm one of many,many upset customers with similar problems.
    Come on Homebase  COMMUNICATE
    Communication requires human beings.
    Strangly enough companies are running short handed dealing with situations day to day.
    As someone who is still working and seeing/dealing with a changing situation daily,have a little thought for the big picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure