5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt free diaries
888 replies 116.6K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning, another early one here and I did the same beach walk as yesterday. I did add in bits of jogging along the way, literally only a minute at a time as I haven't done any for ages, but it obviously helped as I knocked 15 minutes off yesterdays time, so did 10.5 miles in 2 hours 15 which I'm very happy with :)

I came home and did some stretches, had my breakfast, and am now planning the rest of my day. The weather is looking better today so I want to tidy up the garden a bit today and take that to the tip, I also need to whizz the hoover round indoors etc and maybe stick on some washing. Ds has a day off today so I may attempt to persuade him to clean his room  :D  :disappointed:

Moneywise I finished the month on +£83 so I may treat myself as my skincare is getting low and that will last me 6 months or so. 

I did well in May towards my gas / electric fund - I managed to make a total of £353 to go into the pot - this was from the council tax refund (£150), Chase referrals (£100 - thank you so much to those of you who have been referred :)), £53 prolific surveys, £8 Vinted, £12 facebook marketplace, £10 mystery shop and £20 selling my old hoover. 
    Mortgage Total: £60,781 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £663 Matched Betting profits £452.87
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Oh and I ordered two pairs of flip-flops from Gandys last week, I love the story behind their business; basically it was set up by two guys (who went to the same college as me), who were orphaned during the Tsunami in 2004 and it is an ethical business giving back to underprivileged children around the world. Their stuff is quite expensive but they're running an offer for the Jubilee where you get a free pair of flip-flops with any purchase. So anyway, I wanted some flip-flops so ordered some (18) and ds spotted the second pair and wanted some too, so he's bought them off me for £10 - he's happy and I'm happy :)
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning, yesterday I met a friend for lunch and a beach walk which was lovely. I've been doing my steps / hooping all week and finally today I've shifter 1lb :) I can see a difference in the mirror and can definitely feel it in my legs (did a 10 mile walk/run on Tuesday), so hopefully the scales are now going to play catch up!

Today I am doing some housework as the weather is meant to be rubbish, I need to nip into town and get some bits and then a friend is coming round tonight to watch the Jubilee concert.  
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You do so well with your walking, I am still struggling to carve out time. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    A large chunk of it I do while other people are still sleeping Drawingaline :) I'm normally at work by 7.15 and by then I've usually done 4 miles (7200 steps). On days when I'm not working I try to get most of it done by 10am. Today though I've only done 6,500 so far, however it was forecast to rain first thing ( it didn't), and I have been productive; I've leaned the bedrooms, changed ds bedding, hoovered through upstairs and down, emptied the dishwasher, done 2 loads of washing, done my hula-hooping and been shopping. I wanted to get some shoes for work, I live in flip flops or trainers at this time of the year but need something kore suitable for work. Anyway, I ended up buying another pair of trainers instead, oops!! They were ones I've liked for a while and were reduced from £95 to £60. I really don't need them as I bought others recently, but I will definitely get the usage out of them. I also popped into Primark and bought a few new t-shirts for the summer and some new trainers socks, again I go through tonnes of them. I also went into Lidl and got some snacky bits and pieces for when my friend comes over tonight - dips, breadsticks, parma ham, salad bits, strawberries and grapes. 

The rest of today will involve a walk with the dog, mooching online for a bit, hopefully finding some shoes online for work and maybe a nice nap :)
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I just can't get up any earlier. Sometimes at the weekend I will do a walk after taking the teens to work. But then I won't have eaten breakfast and just get so hungry. I need to prioritise I think. May set myself a challenge for June.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Think of another way round it ... could you do something else rather than walking? It needs to be something you like and something you can do regularly. For example I did my hooping this morning but this afternoon the sun came out so I whipped on my bikini and lay in the garden for half an hour. Then I was getting bored so I did another 15 minutes of hooping, just because I could and because I like doing it rather than forcing myself to get it done.

There are days when I don't fancy going for a walk but I know how my mental health goes if I don't get out.  It is so easy to get caught in the cycle of sitting on the sofa and procrastinating, and I feel tonnes better when I know I've done my walk. Also at this time of the year I get the additional benefit of Vitamin D :)

I have also sorted my wardrobe today and I took another 4 bags of stuff (garden waste mainly) to the tip. The house is clean and tidy and I have dug out my Union Jack tablecloth and I found some Union Jack cocktail umbrellas and those flags you stick in a burger, I must have had them since the last Jubilee but I knew they would come in useful  :D So I've prepared some nibbly bits for tonight when my friend comes round to watch the concert - neither of us drink but we'll have some nice salad bits, dips, ham, cheese etc and then strawberries, grapes and clotted cream (I skipped the scones and jam). 

11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Had an email today from Chase, they are pulling the referral offer at midnight tomorrow night so final call for anyone who would like a referral code - £20 for you and £20 for me if you sign up by midnight tomorrow night. Thank you again to those of you who have already done so x
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Is that midnight tonight? 

If you are around than yes please XX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Yep tonight Buffy, I'll pm you ... you need to start it tonight, doesn't matter if it isn't complete as long as its started tonight, thank you x