5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
542 replies 67.2K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the rain isn't showing any signs of easing off so I put my coat on and we set off for our walk. We didn't even make it to the end of the road (small cul-de-sac) and the dog did a poo then sat down and refused to go any further, he hates rain :) So we came home, dried off and I've just done 70 billionty laps of my lounge and am now just over 6,000 steps :)
    Mortgage Total: £63,365 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savings: £1606 / £2856
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    15K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am secretly enjoying lockdown too. Less stress, less people, less social - however I am lucky enough to have been able to keep my job and work from home as is DH. I also have this week off so it feels like normal time off to get the house/garden straight rather than something weird. Next week I'm back to work and that is definitely harder. 
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning,all, today's run is done, my calves really hurt after this one for some reason so I've done some stretching and had a bath and they're feeling okay now. 
    I live about half a mile from the beach and a local fisherman I know has started doing deliveries, so I am currently waiting for some plaice to be delivered that was caught this morning and we're having that in beer batter tonight with chips, can't wait :)
    Not many other plans for today really, only another 4,000 steps to go today already thanks to my run :) 
    15K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the run. Fish and chips sounds amazing. I'd love to live near a beach. Once the kids leave home we plan to move.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love living by the beach, at the moment we're hardly going down there as its too busy with people walking there, but normally its where the dog goes. 
    The plaice was delivered, 4 beautiful fish for £6.50 - caught fresh this morning! Really looking forward to dinner tonight :)
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning, officially the last day of the Easter holidays here although its not really back to work as such tomorrow is it. 
    Today we're taking the dog for a nice walk along the beach and around the streets, we've got roast beef later, the house is looking pretty up together at the minute and all's good :)
    Yesterday was a very welcome no spend day, I do need a few more of them though. 

15K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So jealous of those of you who live near the beach. Wish I had considered that more when I was younger! Still plan to move one day - meanwhile just have to appreciate what's on my doorstep and good road networks.
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very lucky here, I grew up here, moved away for uni but always wanted to come back. Once the ex left that was the first decision I made - come home! Best decision I have ever made :) I can walk to the beach or drive less than 10 minutes and I'm in the New Forest. Perfect :)
    so day 2 of being 'back at work' today. Still feels strange but I am really enjoying it :) Other than school work I have done 3 loads of washing, cleaned the bathroom, done the dishwasher, changed the bedding and prepped the veggies for dinner - we're having the roast beef that we didn't get around to on Sunday. 
    I'm taking the dog for a walk shortly to up my steps today, other than that I'm not too sure what else yet :)
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are about 30 mins from the new forest, we don't visit enough at all! I am jealous with all the reach visits people can have if they live close enough. One of my friend lives on one of the inner hebridian islands (I have visited and was planning on going again in July) and all her pictures really show what a wonderful place it is to live atm. Our estate and town are so convenient most of the time, but right now less so! 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    15K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forest nearby and beach - sounds a dream location. Glad you had a good day.