5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
542 replies 67.2K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks FootyfanDan, I'm guessing you're missing the footie season as much as me x
    Todays run has been done already, its getting really warm out there already so am glad it's done. Mr S is off work for the bank holiday weekend now, we should've been on our way to Devon for the weekend now but hey ho, a weekend at home instead. We had some decorative stone delivered yesterday by his mate (left over from a job they've been doing), so will be working on the garden mainly today. Then tonight we're fdoing an online quiz, we've done it for the last couple of weeks - a Friends one, a Disney one and tonights is a Gavin & Stacey one. They're on facebook, £2 to play with all money going ot eh NHS. The first one raised over £100,000 :)
    Food shopping is coming tonight between 9-10, I have mainly just ordered fridge stuff and a few bits for the freezer, the cupboards are looking pretty healthy still.
    Have a nice bank holiday one and all :)
    Mortgage Total: £63,365 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savings: £1606 / £2856
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    15K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An amazingly productive day. Hope all the food you need arrives. Have a relaxing or productive weekend - whichever floats your boat.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yesterday turned out to be a good day, I did 14,500 steps :) After my run Mr S decided we were going to fully tackle the garden, we ended up ripping out all sorts, digging forever, bagging everything up (luckily I can store the bags around the side of the house, ready for the tip / a skip once things are back to normal), then laying the new stones. It does look so much better but my back was aching like crazy last night. All good exercise though :)
    Today we are doing the front garden which shouldn't take very long, then having an afternoon bbq. The shopping came last night and i have already made the coleslaw and potato salad. Sausage rolls are also on the list to make as i'd defrosted the pastry and sausage-meat yesterday and forgot to use them for dinner :( 
    Hope everyone has a lovely Easter :) : )

15K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done. You are doing really well with your steps and with your garden. Happy Easter
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Easter :)
    This morning I went for my run, (week 5, run 1). Then I have done 3 loads of washing, made a sponge for the trifle, generally pottered about and tidied up, had a chat with Mum through her window, walked the dog and am now doing dinner. We've got roast lamb, I ordered half a leg of lamb but they substituted it with a whole leg for the same price :)
    I only need to do another 250 steps today, so once we;ve had dinner I think it will be quite a lazy evening for me :) 
  • FootyFanDanFootyFanDan Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Oh 1000 per cent missing the footie season haha, be glad when it's back but guess can only be when safe to do so. 

Well done on keeping up with the running, I need your determination, not really done loads since gym closed. I deffo need to consider trying to make it more of an habit. 
    15K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got to see your mum - we are hours away- and it was a tradition that it felt weird to miss. My parents started isolating (sensibly) mid March.
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, day 8 :)
    The sun is shining again, last day of Mr S being at home today before he heads back to work tomorrow. We're planning on doing some bits and pieces around the house today, some of those silly niggly jobs that never get done, like putting up a picture etc. 
    I'm pretty much on top of the housework but with 4 of us here at the moment it's a never ending task. The washing machine is currently on, the kitchen is clean and tidy but probably won't remain that way for very long.
    Today's plan includes as much of the following as possible:

Clean the car, inside and out
    Clear some of the rubbish area so we can get through the back gate
    Paint the hall and downstairs toilet
    Bath the dog
    Dye my hair
    10,000 steps
    Ds to tidy and clean his room
    Mr S's ds to do some schoolwork
    Order a new showerhead
    Happy bank holiday everyone :)

11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another £9 cashed out from Prolific this morning :)
  • savingmoresavingmore Forumite
    605 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    shiny new diary.  I still read and enjoy your diary, just don’t post that often.   I need to get on the bandwagon as I suspect I will be off until June time when I suspect things will ease.  I did the 28 fast metabolism diet in March as recommended by a friend.  I found it fairly easy and lost 3kg which was great.  I was at the peak I have ever been.  However, I relaxed in the last two weeks, and put in a kg again.  i have another 7lbs I still want to lose, I am in healthy range for my height but at 5’2” every oz shows....7lbs means tight clothes as opposed to nice and slightly lose fitting.  I refuse to go up a dress size!  also trying to get out for 10,000 steps a day.   i starts jogging again last week then fell over two days ago, have no idea why, so hands and knee badly scrapped.   Feeling lethargic so need a proverbial kick.  Think I will join you, but I realise I am not 100% committed today....let’s see how today goes!