Well at least . . . #smallmercies

Options

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My friend is a fireman, beleive me there are traffic accidents and bad ones at that...
    .... and a police officer friend tells me that call outs to 'domestics' have increased.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    Options
    The motoring organisations have reported record call outs for flat batteries.

my little car had this problem as I was using it for a trip to the supermarket once a week less than 3 miles return.  It then sat there until the next trip.

thank god for jump leads.  It is flat again (but it is an old car) so we will be taking it out for a nice long drive in the glorious Dorset countryside but avoiding the coast 
  • welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Murphybear, I am so jealous and am now missing Dorset. Can we have pictures please??
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    After a completely dead, as in 'couldn't ever be resurrected' :'( battery (on a rarely used less than 6 month old car several years ago) I invested in one of these. Can be used for a quick boost, or left overnight on a trickle charge. Has been worth every penny.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-MXS-3-8-Automatic-Motorcycle/dp/B00E5VS58Y/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ctek+mxs+3.8&qid=1590158856&sr=8-2
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well at least it is warm and dry so queuing outside the supermarket will be a little more pleasant.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    Options
    aarons68 said:
    Well at least . . . Some new parents WFH will get to see their little ones' developmental milestones as they happen. Our twin granddaughters sat up unsupported today. 🙂🙂

May I ask why you are copying and pasting other people's posts from the first page of threads and passing them off as yours?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well at least... I’m more creative in lockdown!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There's no more bellringers every Sunday & Tuesday.
    Wednesday where I live but I SO agree!
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    sallyd23 said: No-one is phoning my landline to tell me my computer isn't working (though I guess they're busy thinking up other scams!)
    They've started back up.... Guess lockdown is over in India.
    On the bright side, gives me an opportunity to teach them some new words :o
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sallyd23 said:
    No-one is phoning my landline to tell me my computer isn't working (though I guess they're busy thinking up other scams!)
    Sounds mad, but I’ve not answered a cold call in ages, I so want to answer one and totally infuriate the fraudsters!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback