SW Countdown to Easter.

Replies

• joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all.  It's horrible here today, really grey and drizzly.

Today's plan:

B - baked oats, mixed frozen fruit, Greek yoghurt - HEB; S; P
    L - carrot & lentil soup (which we didn't have last night!) - P; S; F
    D - LO pork reheated in gravy, mash, veg - P; S; F; probably a couple of Syns for gravy although I drain off most of it for me as I don't usually have gravy

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge oats
    Syns - gravy 2?

Denise
  • edited 24 February 2020 at 10:46AM
    Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 February 2020 at 10:46AM
    Morning all, a good covering of snow at home but just sleet and drizzle where I work so no chance of a snow day (I'm in education) - boooo.

Thanks for the chart Chieveley and well done on your loss!

I have had a couple of NSVs the last couple of days! I bought a pack of 'boy-short' style knickers about a year ago and they were far too tight around the leg holes. Tried them on again at the weekend and they were fine! On the back of that, as it was snowing today, I tried a pair of fleecy tights, which again I bought about a year ago from Long Tall Sally, and could barely get them up (I actually thought there'd been a problem with production and they'd not made them long enough) - but today they're fine! Hurrah! My wardrobe is starting to open up before me :grin:

Today:
    B - Granola and FF nat yog, apple, banana
    D - Chicken and chorizo jambalaya (3)
    T - Diet cola chicken with pasta
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Granola
    Syns - Sugar (4), jambalaya (3), hot chocolate (2) = 9

Oh BTW, I tried the "Haribo" sweets and to be perfectly honest it was just like jelly with yoghurt on top :lol: I did buy gelatine sheets by accident instead of the crystals so not sure if that made a difference. Ah well. 
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tete - Don't think gelatine sheets instead of crystals would have made a difference.  In fact I think the sheets tend to give a firmer set than the crystals.  Have to admit I don't really the like the sweets when I tried them at a taster once so haven't bothered making them.

Great that you're now finding your wardrobe opening up before you!  It'll be like buying new clothes without the spending!

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    joedenise said:
     It'll be like buying new clothes without the spending!
    It is! It's making me realise how much of what I wear at the moment is stuff I've bought to fit "temporarily" - I don't actually like most of it. 
  • VegastareVegastare Forumite
    720 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Morning  all
    Chieveley thanks for adding me to chart. 
    Bubb have some cousous in so will try that for scotch egg coating, thank you again.  Lasagne looked delicious
    Another wet windy day....
    Looked at Tracker bars - in Sains they were £1 if you had nectar card, didn't get them though as it said they had 112 cals per bar, and I decided to go for the Alpen Light, sometimes I find these bars very sweet so thought I'd stick with what I like.
    Today
    B weetabix berries and yog
    L Lentil veg soup and Frylight garlic bread followed by fruit
    D Chicken breast sliced on pasta with Laughing cow sauce .
    HEA Milk
    HEB Bread
    Syn will be cheese LCow lite and Alpen Light tsp butter.
  • Matron_MidgeMatron_Midge Forumite
    666 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    We’ve got a thick cover of snow here. Lovely to watch the dogs playing in it this morning. Roads are clear so it’s great for everyone to get around and enjoy the snow.
    todays plan :-1:
    He a bob milk
    He a babybel
    He b 
    B banana
    L SW quiche with salad
    D Mongolian beef with rice
    Snacks Sharon fruit (my latest fad fruit) maybe a hifi bar or two and grapes with my babybels this afternoon.
    I also went through my wardrobe whilst it was horrid weather this weekend.  I’ve “shopped” several new outfits to wear and found some tops that I’d forgotten all about. Very MSE.
  • edited 24 February 2020 at 12:42PM
    Matron_MidgeMatron_Midge Forumite
    666 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 24 February 2020 at 12:42PM
    Vegastare said:
    Morning  all
    Chieveley thanks for adding me to chart. 
    Bubb have some cousous in so will try that for scotch egg coating, thank you again.  Lasagne looked delicious
    Another wet windy day....
    Looked at Tracker bars - in Sains they were £1 if you had nectar card, didn't get them though as it said they had 112 cals per bar, and I decided to go for the Alpen Light, sometimes I find these bars very sweet so thought I'd stick with what I like.
    Today
    B weetabix berries and yog
    L Lentil veg soup and Frylight garlic bread followed by fruit
    D Chicken breast sliced on pasta with Laughing cow sauce .
    HEA Milk
    HEB Bread
    Syn will be cheese LCow lite and Alpen Light tsp butter.

If you have weetabix and bread, that is two Heb’s I’m afraid. You might have to use more syns than you’d planned - Sorry x
  • poundsinbuckspoundsinbucks Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Just got drenched here walking the dog, but that is my Body Magic done for the day and was quite refreshing really ;). Putting a positive spin on it  :D. I am another one that used to buy clothes to ‘cover up’ and used to be happy to find something that would just fit and not be snug, never mind if I liked it or not. So have been chucking out my size 20s slowly but surely which has been liberating. Been working my way through jeans in the wardrobe going down in size, can now squeeze into a size12L from 10yrs ago which is very pleasing  :). Am sure I have some cropped Per Una trousers I have never worn in a drawer somewhere, which will be perfect for our mini holiday to the Canaries in April. So nice to have a little focus again. Got a new cossy from TU with 25% off  ;).  Reminded OH to try on his swimmers, and they got chucked on the charity pile too, need to get him some in a size smaller. 

For anyone struggling, trying to get back into the right mindset, I love reading old SW mag articles for inspiration. Or on the SW website. Finding a person similar to your situation weightwise, and reading how they did it. I also regularly look on Instagram, lots of before&after pix of SW losers, plus you get lots of food ideas from their posts, new recipes etc. And positive quotes & thoughts. Don’t look back and despair, draw that line and start afresh when you are ready. Make a mealplan for the week and stick to it, you know SW works!!! *sending positive vibes to those struggling xx*

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got drenched here walking the dog, but that is my Body Magic done for the day and was quite refreshing really ;). Putting a positive spin on it.
    PIB you've inspired me - I'm going to go outside for a walk in my lunch break! Determined to hit my step count now my foot is feeling better.
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a bit of a panic last night, realised that the Biscoff biscuits actually are 2 syns each, not as I had misread, 2 per 2 pack. Luckily, I had very little syns otherwise so have not gone over budget. 

Went to the zoo on Saturday, not been there for about 30 years, really enjoyed it, even if the tiger did decide to go into hiding when I got to that enclosure, was also really nice hitting step target without any effort in getting it. Was really good on the day, had porridge bread with cheese for breakfast, which kept me full for the day, took a banana to eat if necessary. Popped into the restaurant to get a drink, could so easily have eaten the yummy cakes which were on sale, or had a cappuccino, but was terribly good and chose green tea. That may have been a mistake as I only had half of it, the rest leaked onto the table and when I say leaked, I mean it. I couldn't see it, but at the base of the pot must have been a tiny hole as I could see an air bubble created as it dripped, annoying, but I suppose one less trip to the loo!

Have batched cooked for the week as I am going to be out most evenings, best one being Wednesday when I go to see Pretty Woman!  Have a good week everyone!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)