IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lidl Athena Parking return within 2 hours

Options

Sorry to start a new thread but can’t find anything that covers this.

My mate went to Lidl for shopping, but didn’t get all I wanted.  So I went back in the same car, turned into the entrance road, then saw the parking signs and realised there may be a restriction on the same car returning within 2 hours.  So I turned around in the entrance road and parked on the road nearby.  I didn’t get as far as the parking area, and was there less than 2 minutes. But when I looked where I had turned round I saw the car would have passed under the ANPR cameras in the entrance road – their ANPR Cameras get you before you see the parking restriction signs, so the registration number would have been recorded returning and leaving the park in less than 2 hours. (Or if they compare the entry on the first visit with the exit on the second visit it would look like a stay of over 2 hours.)

This appears to be in contravention of the conditions of the Athena parking conditions posted on the boards in the car park.  So can Lidl or Athena charge us for this?

Comments

• John464
    John464 Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sorry can't seem to edit the message to correct it.  I should have said the same car will have been recorded exiting and returning in less than 2 hours
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 February 2020 at 11:00AM
    Options
    If you have a PCN as a keeper , just appeal it using the blue text template from the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum, no blabbing about who was driving

If this was a PCN for one long visit but 2 shorter visits were made , it's known as double dipping so add a a paragraph stating that

The driver  (or two separate drivers) made 2 short visits that day

But ideally , you use the first and best option of complaining by email direct to the CEO at Lidl and insisting on the PCN being cancelled , with proof of patronage

All the above can be found in numerous threads on here

Ps, of course they can charge you , it's just an invoice , anyone can issue an invoice against another person in the UK
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2020 at 11:07AM
    Options
    Athena may well send a PCN, but having read the sticky thread for NEWBIES you will know what to do. 

Since this was two drivers no breach of Ts and Cs has occurred. If the keeper gets a PCN then they complain to the store manager and CEO, and appeal using the template in blue from post 1 of the NEWBIES, with a one liner saying there were two drivers and no breach occurred.  If payment was made by card, include copies of receipts from both drivers.

A complain should also be made to the DVLA that since there was no breach, the scammers had no business obtaining keeper details. This is therefore a DPA/GDPR breach as well as a KADOE contract breach.

They should also complain to their MP about this unregulated scam.

Normally we advise posters not to identify the driver, but in this case it actually strengthens the keeper's case.

You can edit posts by clicking on the cog-like icon in the top right corner of each post. It becomes invisible after the first edit, but is actually still there. 

Come back here if the keeper gets a PCN but Lidl can't/won't cancel it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • John464
    John464 Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies
    Can I ask how long would it take them to get my details from DVLA and contact me?
    Would it be recorded delivery or similar to prove they have contacted me?
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2020 at 1:32AM
    Options
    The same situation happened to my mother. She returned with her receipts and spoke to the manager and he was able to cancel the ticket immediately. 
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2020 at 12:08AM
    Options
    Athena have 7 months to obtain keeper details from the DVLA, for a small fee
    if ATHENA wish to use POFA against a keeper the pcn NTK has to arrive by day 15 following the incident
    the keeper then complains to the CEO direct, as keeper , to complain LOUDLY and strongly
    a complaint to the local manager MAY produce the cancellation

first class post is normally used, they only have to prove posting it , not delivery
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 February 2020 at 2:58AM
    Options
    So can Lidl or Athena charge us for this?
    No-one pays them!  Who cares if they think they can.  If it happens, the CEO of Lidl will cancel it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,452 Forumite
    Options
    Complaints to Christian Haertnagel MD (not to Customer Services) have never failed in achieving a cancellation. Get emailing!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure