Notice To Keeper but ignored my appeal

Hello all.
Apparently I got a windscreen ticket from UKPC back in November. However, it was a terrible day weather-wise with driving rain and wind. As the picture showed the ticket in the middle of my windscreen and not tucked under the wiper, I presume it had just blown off in the gale before I returned; and the first I knew about it was when I got a Parking Charge letter six weeks later. I waited about 25 days as you suggest, before appealing with the template provided, but within three further days have already received a NTK with no reference to my online appeal at all. Not sure what my next move should be.
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Replies

• trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragnetboy wrote: »
    Hello all.
    Apparently I got a windscreen ticket from UKPC back in November. However, it was a terrible day weather-wise with driving rain and wind. As the picture showed the ticket in the middle of my windscreen and not tucked under the wiper, I presume it had just blown off in the gale before I returned; and the first I knew about it was when I got a Parking Charge letter six weeks later. I waited about 25 days as you suggest, before appealing with the template provided, but within three further days have already received a NTK with no reference to my online appeal at all. Not sure what my next move should be.
    Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Please read the post above yours and start your own thread!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi, and welcome to the forum ........

there will be plenty for you to read up on ...

go to the newbies thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

this is an information only thread , so after following these instruction please delete your original post

then visit the start page

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

where you will find the 'new thread button '

Oh ... and using a phone to browse the site can cause problems.. so please try a laptop/PC

other useful info

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near the bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.

NEWBIES - HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've a few posts under their belt.

Ralph:cool:
  • edited 1 February 2020 at 10:16PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 February 2020 at 10:16PM
    UKPC don't issue three documents:

windscreen PCN
    postal 'PCN'
    postal 'NTK'

...unless they did their usual typo in the windscreen PCN and the middle 'PCN' on the above lost was one that 'superseded' the first erroneous one.

This is played out in pretty much every other UKPC thread, happens ALL the time and it means that the postal PCN arrived too late for keeper liability. Sadly POPLA are terrible at understanding that simple piece of legislation so it will need spelling out to them, but this has been done on other threads for you to read and copy, so start searching & reading.

You can view all the photos on the UKPC website so do that now and save copies while you can. And then wait for the rejection letter as you say you already appealed as keeper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 4 February 2020 at 9:17AM
    The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 February 2020 at 9:17AM
    UKPC are fraudster, read this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DragnetboyDragnetboy Forumite
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you both. It's difficult to prove that I didn't get the original windscreen copy. How does that ever work? I've been trying to search for any 'grace' periods that they have to adhere to, as I know I wasn't away from the car for more than ten minutes; and all the photos of my car and the surrounding area/signs were taken in precisely 34 seconds! They're efficient, I'll give them that!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They're efficient, I'll give them that!
    That's one of the last words we'd use about UKPC.

Stop posting about who parked and who 'wasn't away from the car for long'!

I really hope you did appeal as registered keeper and not add stuff like you keep posting here blabbing about being the driver and ruining your best POPLA appeal point.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both. It's difficult to prove that I didn't get the original windscreen copy. How does that ever work? I've been trying to search for any 'grace' periods that they have to adhere to, as I know I wasn't away from the car for more than ten minutes; and all the photos of my car and the surrounding area/signs were taken in precisely 34 seconds! They're efficient, I'll give them that!
    It is not up to you to prove that you didn't have a windscreen PCN (how do you prove a negative anyway?) it is the PPC's job to PROVE you did, i.e. they placed one on your windscreen. This is one of your POPLA points.
  • DragnetboyDragnetboy Forumite
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Never fear, I have been scrupulously non-committal about who was driving and how long they were or were not away. All the info here is strictly for this site to give you good people a bit of back story, as it were. I have appealed as the registered keeper and nothing more.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the info here is strictly for this site...
    You're kidding, aren't you?

This is the internet -- the world wide web.

This is a public forum and the whole world is free to read everything posted here.

The parking companies are known to trawl this forum just waiting for people to trip themselves up and can try and use your posts against you.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the OP hasn't mentioned a VRM, location, date or time, and the OP's forum name won't reflect their real name (I doubt he's called Dragnet Boy ;)) then the way the OP is worded is fine (for now).

The thrust of the advice is correct though. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides