PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

New "Have a Look at This" thread

Options

Comments

• BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 April at 8:58AM
    Options
    It looks like it has 'a place for everything'.  That's what I think my 'workshop' looks like - at least what I'd like it to look like.  Reality, sadly, is woefully different.

I think if I was spending that much dosh though, the one thing I'd hope it would buy me would be space - ie distance from neighbours.  I'd sacrifice some bedrooms for a bit more yardage at the perimeter.  Although it's a lot of house for the money in that part of the world.

ETA: Have you noticed how many properties we've seen lately that have some sort of elephant in the garden?
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dandie89 said:
    According to the property sale history they bought it in 2020 for 515K and now want £750K for it. That's rather steep increase!
  • mark_cycling00
    mark_cycling00 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Dandie89 said:

A house with everything but then you see the surroundings and it's an "estate in the country" rather than an "escape to the country"

Personally I'd go for something smaller but much closer to The Lakes
  • Sarahspangles
    Sarahspangles Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Options
    BooJewels said:

ETA: Have you noticed how many properties we've seen lately that have some sort of elephant in the garden?
    Better than an elephant in the room?
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Contessa said:
    RHemmings said:
    I like little freehold properties, and this one looks a reasonable example. But, I'd prefer the end-of-terrace assuming that it's essentially similar. Cute.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/146440826#/?channel=RES_BUY

Number 8, which sold in 2018, has an interesting interior.
    I've been away, and have just seen this now. 

Yes, that's an, um, ..., interesting internal decoration. However, it sold in about a month for asking price. So, someone liked it. I wonder if the stairs are still like that now. 
  • BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    BooJewels said:

Better than an elephant in the room?
    There are plenty of those too - decorative ones, that is.  A real elephant would scuff up your carpets.

That phrase always makes me think of Victoria Wood when she was filming somewhere like Sri Lanka and said "we need to talk about the elephant in the room."  "No really, there's an elephant in the room" and the camera panned wider to the side and there was indeed an elephant stood behind her.  I was hoping I could find a clip of it on-line, but haven't.
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This one popped up near me just recently. Mostly a fairly normal house with a few 'interesting' colour touches such as the blue toilet seat cover, but the dining area is full-on 70s time-warp vibes.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147253052#/?channel=RES_BUY

• Sarahspangles
    Options
    BooJewels said:

That phrase always makes me think of Victoria Wood when she was filming somewhere like Sri Lanka and said "we need to talk about the elephant in the room."  "No really, there's an elephant in the room" and the camera panned wider to the side and there was indeed an elephant stood behind her.  I was hoping I could find a clip of it on-line, but haven't.
    I do miss Victoria Wood.

• Sarahspangles
    Options
    RHemmings said:
    This one popped up near me just recently. Mostly a fairly normal house with a few 'interesting' colour touches such as the blue toilet seat cover, but the dining area is full-on 70s time-warp vibes.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147253052#/?channel=RES_BUY

Groovy baby! I bet that’s really fun when friends come round.
  • Skiddaw1
    Skiddaw1 Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dandie89 said:

Lovely indeed! Not so very far from us too. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback