We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
New "Have a Look at This" thread
Comments
-
I think it has potential but looks like it would cost a fair bit to sort it out. I love the garden with the trees
0 -
lovely. It should be listed, but doubtless someone will ‘modernise’ it and ruin it 🙄
0 -
What a gorgeous house and garden! I'd definitely keep the bathroom suite. 😊
0 -
I really like this house but why are the windows in picture #12 upside down?
0 -
So the small opening windows could be reached.
No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?1 -
Favourite colour, I wonder? 🤔
Stortford Road, Hoddesdon EN11, 3 bed terraced house for sale, £390,000 | PrimeLocation
If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.2 -
Reminds me of a wardrobe we had when I was wee. I was terrified of it!
3 -
Now't wrong with pink. Much better than grey or magnolia.
Did my front bedroom walls in pink with dark red woodwork.
Any language construct that forces such insanity in this case should be abandoned without regrets. –
Erik Aronesty, 2014
Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.4 -
All a matter of taste, and whether despite the personalised decorating the property is desirable in all other respects.
The 1 bed flat conversion I purchased over 20 years ago had blood red painted walls and ceiling in the big bedroom, apparently in an entirely misguided attempt by the owner to make the very voluminous room feel more cosy.
I looked past all that because the very rare victorian architectural elements remained intact (expensive marble fireplaces, original covings/ ceiling roses, 15 inch high skirting boards, 6 panel 7 foot high doors, sash windows, etc).
However, were it not for those retained features I would have definitely walked away from the property. Decoration can be changed, restoring valuable structural features not so much.
5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards






