Using the "old" green version

Options

Comments

• NeilSt
    NeilSt Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JackieO said:
    can't say I am much impressed with the new version doesn't seem as easy to navigate and reminds me of when years ago I was on AOL

JackieO
    I agree the new competition board is dreadful big thumbs down 
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh dear - there is so much wasted space on the new layout.
    I come here to read the posts, but I'm lucky if the last two in a thread can fit into my display.
    This is a big fail on the usability.
    We need a more compact view which will display the essential information, the very reason for being here.
  • doe808
    doe808 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah, this is really bad on my eyes. Green was much easier to differentiate words with.
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Its not the colors it's the layout, 
    I don't believe there is any interest in the compact super readable format any more.

Wasted space and advertising is the new way to deliver MSE forums. 
  • polki
    polki Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK.  So I saw blue and green yesterday but thought it might be my sight. 
    Today, I realised that I may have used two different laptops, which indeed seems to be the case.  I am blue posting this, but have turned on the other one and it is green.  I am going to find the poster who said that it depends on the  screen resolution and see if I can adjust the blue one.  I am of limited technical ability but suggest anyone struggling with blue takes a look at this. 
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I tried it on my mobile yesterday and it wasn't the best, I was using the green colour and it was fine.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    polki said:
    OK.  So I saw blue and green yesterday but thought it might be my sight. 
    Today, I realised that I may have used two different laptops, which indeed seems to be the case.  I am blue posting this, but have turned on the other one and it is green.  I am going to find the poster who said that it depends on the  screen resolution and see if I can adjust the blue one.  I am of limited technical ability but suggest anyone struggling with blue takes a look at this. 
    The forum specifies the colour as equal amounts of blue and green. Colour accuracy and calibration of displays combine with individual eyesight to determine how the colour is perceived. Resolution should make no difference but could if the calibration profiles for resolutions haven't been arranged to produce the same colour.

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jamesd said:
    The forum specifies the colour as equal amounts of blue and green. Colour accuracy and calibration of displays combine with individual eyesight to determine how the colour is perceived. Resolution should make no difference but could if the calibration profiles for resolutions haven't been arranged to produce the same colour.

Are you saying that this new forum has green somewhere?
    Although Mrs JB often says I'm a bit colour blind, all I see is various shades of blue/grey

• Lisa1509
    Options
    Hi, longer posts are all overtyped so I can't read them and can only see the first one of two lines. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Lisa1509 said:
    Hi, longer posts are all overtyped so I can't read them and can only see the first one of two lines. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
    Stop using Internet Explorer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport