Using the "old" green version

WeAreGhosts
WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,099 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 7 February 2020 at 10:25PM in Site feedback
Been using this happily since the new blue version came out, but now I can't get it to work. The "latest version" and the "old version" in the Advanced Settings are now the same - just the blue version.

Is this now permanent until the forum is updated?

*edit* Sorry to anyone who is now confused. I posted this thread before the new (7th February) version was released, so it was still possible to revert to the old green version. It's now not possible to do this.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Been using this happily since the new blue version came out, but now I can't get it to work. The "latest version" and the "old version" in the Advanced Settings are now the same - just the blue version.

I am on the old green forum and its all ok
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JuneS
    JuneS Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 23 January 2020 at 11:29AM

I don't know how you managed to change your user settings without knowing :huh:
    Anyone else possibly have had access to your account?

Anyway, to revert back, follow these guidelines that I have previously posted elsewhere:
    Profile (next to the Logout button above)
    Your Settings
    Edit Options (on LHS)
    Forum Skin (scroll down, it's under 'Miscellaneous Options')

You need 'New masthead, fixed width (recommended)' - hopefully that is available to you
    Then save the change at the bottom of the page.

As long as you have the setting correct there, then the 'Forum Version Manager' works allowing you to switch between the old (green) version and the new(blue) version.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thanks, that worked! I had logged out and logged back in and it had changed. Don't know how. I was trying to change it back using the "forum version manager" that's at the bottom, but they're both the blue version.
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    JuneS said:

Anyway, to revert back, follow these guidelines that I have previously posted elsewhere:
    Profile (next to the Logout button above)
    Your Settings
    Edit Options (on LHS)
    Forum Skin (scroll down, it's under 'Miscellaneous Options')

You need 'New masthead, fixed width (recommended)' - hopefully that is available to you
    Then save the change at the bottom of the page.

As long as you have the setting correct there, then the 'Forum Version Manager' works allowing you to switch between the old (green) version and the new(blue) version.
    This advice doesn't work any more - at least for me this morning.  Yesterday I was green, today I'm blue.  Can't see a forum version manager at all.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I believe with the forum update the green version has been removed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    can't say I am much impressed with the new version doesn't seem as easy to navigate and reminds me of when years ago I was on AOL

JackieO
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I find the posts are all overtyped and I cant read them. don't think I will be bothering to use the site unless things improve.
  • I wonder if anyone with colourblindness is having issues with the new scheme.
    butterfly )i(
  • polki
    polki Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I don't have colourblindness but I do have some problems with my sight.  I found the green version much easier on the eye. However, blue is better than pink or yellow, so not complaining.   I appreciate that things change constantly and you can't please all of the people all of the time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure