My debt free diary by end of 2021

Comments

• How much is left on the loan now? That's quite a bit a month to have spare once it's settled. 
    *Dad loan - £5300 - £1700
    *Virgin Credit Card - £3552.50 - £0
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

*Sinking Fund - £2000/£3000*
    *Emergency Fund -£50/£2000

*Debt Repayments Pot - £0/0*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Rgib89
    Rgib89 Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Loan is currently £12,461.10.
    DD payment goes on Friday when I get payed, im going to add a little extra off it to give myself some motivation to see it go below the 12. 
    The loan Is showing without the interest with a rate of 7.1%. X
  • So still have a while to go yet then before it would be cleared. Does the interest get added on monthly then? 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Rgib89
    I have 32 months left and thats with interested added on.. with overpayments im hoping I can get rid of it by December next year x
  • Rgib89
    Today is a day off, so im up cleanned the house from top to bottom, children are on online lessons, so having 5 minutes to myself to catch up with some diaries. Planning a nsd today as not leaving the house. Payday tomorrow so looking over budget with how much left, pay is good this month with an extra shift added on. Sat here counting myself how lucky I am at the moment to even pick up an extra shift, with everything that's going on. 
    Will be doing an inventory check in the freezer/cupboards and going to tempt to do an online order. I've never done an online food shop before as I always worry about the dates, but I'm going to give it a go. That way I'm not going to be tempted with things on offer or picking up things that I don't need. 
    How is everyone doing?? Xx
  • Rgib89
    Hello, im back with an update. 
    Monthly payment on the loan have gone out with a little added on overpayment debt currently stands at £11,995.80 i no its still alot but feels nice to see it go to the 11. 
    Tomorrow is going to be a nsd with a good sort out of the house, I have so many unwanted items to sell but don't see the point of putting them up with the way things are at the minute, nobody will come for them. 
    Have any one got any ideas of was to make money from home? Im picking up extra shifts at work so I'm working alot, so need something for when I'm at home. The quicker I get this loan gone the better. 
    Hope everyone is ok? Xx
  • Rgib89
    I really need to update more often. Hope everyone is safe?
    Work this afternoon so going to make a packed lunch to take. Had a productive morning, rang the gas as my tariff was coming to an end its gone down by £7 a month. Finally done a meal plan and done an online shop with everything I need, shop came in at £110 but that was with washing powder, toilet roll, toiletries and cleaning items. I have bought bigger packs of meat so when I'm making spag bol and curry in the week I have extra to freeze for days when we are after something quick and don't turn to a takeaway.
  • Rgib89
    So work was ok, lying in bed now catching up with some diaries with a cup of tea. No news to add really, all bills are paid and everything budgeted for. I have £770 left in my account to last me 3 weeks, thats for food shopping and birthday cards.Any money left will be made as an overpayment to the loan. Im hoping to cut down my spending on the food shop. This im really struggling with. 
    Well time for me to read some diaries. 
    Keep safe xxx
  • I think food shopping has got more expensive. Seems more and more of us are struggling to stay within budget. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

• Rgib89
    Afternoon, how is everyone? 

Sarahwithlove aw definitely is, first time I added up my shopping bill last month and was horrified at how much I was spending. Made me realise a lot and I'm now logging everything down again this month and hoping I can continue improving. 

No news with me counting down till pay day to make more payments on my loan. Rounded off bank account today so another £4.43 payed off. I find little amounts rounding off help alot. I'm waiting to see if my holiday is cancelled, if so the money back will be payed straight of the loan. Im in the mind set of the quicker I can pay it off the sooner I will be £425 a month better off x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback