What small DFW things will you do w/c 20th Jan?

Options
123457»

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2020 at 7:18PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Welcome Dragonfly1 :)
    Not much sleep here either Purple Fairy :( Isn't it silly how our brains make such a big deal at night over things that could perfectly well wait till the morning - or often much longer, if they even need dealing with at all!

Managed to walk the dog this morning before it started bucketing down with rain - I don't mind too much, but he doesn't 'do' rain :rotfl:
    Did a big larder sort out and new list, as I seem to have lost the old one.
    Also meal planned for the week

Lunch was fridge shrapnel
    Dinner will be pork in red wine and mushroom sauce, roast potatoes and greens. I think there is more of the use up jelly and fruit thing I made the other day that will do for pudding.
    Nothing spent today (ok there were some small business spends, but I account for those elsewhere). I avoided buying any food at the market. It is only a bargain if you need it, and looking at my freezer and larder spreadsheet, I definitely don't!
    Started a shopping list though, will need to go at some point during the coming week, but it won't be a long list and I will stick strictly to it!
    The stove is alight now, as it makes it so much more cheery when it is so cold, wet and miserable outside. The kettle is already boiling on top, so time for a cuppa I think!
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Dragonfly1 wrote: »
    Long term lurker of this thread :T

Thought I'd post my energy successes...
    Swapped our energy deal 45 days before the current one expires, and the new tariff is 30% cheaper for gas than a year ago. We have a crazy hot house (not my choice ;) ) and so that's a few hundred pounds saved for the next year.

Also referred my neighbour and a family member to the same deal, so they get £40 account credit each (and I also got £40 account credit) and so next month's energy is free.

Now here's hoping the energy company stay in business :o

Anyway don't forget to check your current energy prices. I was surprised of the difference.

thanks Dragonfly :) I recently did mine and almost halved it! :money: :cool:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi everyone :) welcome to Dragonfly :D

Well I have had a lovely weekend :D madam went to dd's overnight and oh & I went out dancing last night, which was super fun. I did not spend a penny as only had a shandy which oh paid for :D

Today we went for a lovely walk around the nature reserve with dog. He has gone to his other home now for the next week.

I have also:

* had ys lamb shanks for dinner. £8.60 to £2.60 cooked in pressure cooker with lo mash and red braised cabbage. It was delish!
    * lo pasta for my lunch
    * dd sent madam home with a pack of bananas
    * load of washing, double spun and hung up
    * went gc shopping as was going to the tip. Spent £26 for the week as didn't need much.
    * doing free meditation & duolingo for entertainment this evening

Looking forward to bedtime! Have been having such great sleep these last few days :j

ok that's my lot!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business