PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th January 2020

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,808 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Just mulling over my jobs. There was a spill in the kitchen, of sugar, so kitchen is a must-do, and bathroom. Rabbit hutch too as today is the better day of the weekend.

Back in bed now though, with my coffee.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Fell asleep in the chair last night and still feeling yawny this morning despite a good night's sleep. Home alone as DS is at GF's this weekend - only 'date' in the diary is lunch with L at the posh farm shop, the rest of the weekend is mine :T Sometimes it's nice not to have to 'people' even if it's people you love dearly :D I am such an introvert :cool:

Definitely the sort of morning where I need a second brew before I do anything then I'll stir my butt and

Round 1 =
    FU dry laundry currently on the airer and take upstairs
    get washed and dressed
    bring down laundry hamper
    sort washing in to loads
    set WM swishing
    feed the birds
    put out the rubbish & recycling
    WUDUPA a bowl of pots

I made my bed when I got up :A

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

I slept like the proverbial log last night, I was so tired! So, I’m up and showered but not yet dressed, that’s my first job. Bed is made and I have a list to tackle, quite a few errands of one sort or another to run so I think I’m going to tackle those first before house flying...

DH on duty this weekend and has already had two phone calls, one very late last night and one this morning. I don’t know how much help he’ll be able to give me but let’s see how it goes.

Right then, dry hair, dress, wm to set going and then I’m off out.

Have a lovely day all x
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :hello: Morning all!

Hello pigpen - so nice to see another familiar face still on here. Sorry to hear that you're struggling - fingers crossed for many ebeast sales to boost you in the next few weeks.

Well little black furry cat had other ideas about me catching up on sleep last night - he must have walked over me at least 3 times throughout the night before deciding it was high time I woke up and gave him attention, so he bit me gently on the arm and kept on prodding me. :rotfl:After stroking him for a bit, I rolled over and hid under the covers so he couldn't get me again. Not feeling so rested today.

Swagbucks goal reached for the day and children fed. Washload about to go on before tackling the other jobs for the week that I need to catch up with. Also need to start DS1's homework with him - he has to make a piece of African jewellery or an African instrument, so my Mum has found our old bead loom and I'm going to be attempting a woven beaded bracelet with him is DS2 allows.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Round 1 completed + sloshed bleach down the loo, cleared all the gibble from the landing window sill in to DS's bedroom or bathroom as appropriate and had a long chat on phone with S :D

WM has finished swishing - so I'll sort that next.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Options
    The cupboard in which the sugar was spilled has been emptied with the ais of DS and stepladders - it's (obviously) a high cupboard - has cake tina in and other stuff I don't use often, as well as (at the front) back up baking ingredients. He needed sugar so, not finding the spare bag of granulated sugar (at the back of the shelf below) was NOT located so, instead of using the jar of caster sugar he went to the store of back up stuff. Anyway (Pollyanna moment) that cupboard hasn't been cleaned out for a while so I will get it done! Then on to the kitchen. The floor is sticky so the improvement will be stellar!
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Update from me. I have

Done physio
    Done dailies
    Dyed my hair
    Had a lovely bath
    Sorted out two shelves and a drawer in the bedroom while the hair dye was on

I've been informed that car cleaning, report typing and bedside drawer repairing are all Monday jobs so won't be surprised if the rest of today turns into a read a book day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

It’s been a slow start to the day but not in a bad way.
    Yesterday was DD's birthday. My baby is 17!! She had a few friends round last night so DH and I nipped out for dinner at a local pub and kept our fingers crossed. We got back to chatter and guitars being strummed. Alcohol had been consumed as agreed but they then went on to clear up the kitchen after their cooking and were actually all quiet by just after midnight. And I had spent the day worrying about how it would all end. Just one more to evict from the exROD which has performed impeccably as a bolt hole for them - currently much laughter over a film so I’m in no rush to turf them out.

Flying - wm is now on, HHI cleared. DH is checking the cars and I am having a coffee while I contemplate what to do - used to having a list lined up so I might have to get myself sorted. But I have managed to rummage through the Saturday papers. Oh, and finished my book .;)
  • Valli
    edited 25 January 2020 at 1:29PM
    Options
    The sugary cupboard is cleaned and tidied and streamlined; a serving dish has gone into the cupboard with its (matching) sister which was achieved by inverting both lids inside the dishes, and applying a protective 'cushion' of kitchen roll.

DW emptied, pots washed as necessary, dirty pots in DW, washing hung on line to blow.

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely evening yesterday and a good start to today, Fayolle xx Belated Happy Birthday to your DD :bdaycake:

Valli, MrA used to sell microfibre cloths which are about 15cm square and quilted - they are excellent for separating frying pans / casserole lids and they can be machine washed (I've been using mine for about 6 years :money:)

So far this morning I have
    - traced one of my friend's ancestral lines back to 1814
    - decided that her gt-gt-grandmother was telling porky pies on her wedding day, and her father is not the person she said he was: there's too much evidence from earlier censuses that her father was actually that man's brother :eek:
    - tidied the kitchen, LR and 2 bedrooms
    - S&S'd the upstairs bathroom (properly cleaned yesterday)
    - dusted and hoovered all through upstairs
    - WMx2 of 3
    - upset Rosie by putting her 'babies' in the wash :( but gave her a new one :)

Now off to finish cleaning downstairs before lunch.

Pigpen, i was just wondering who the baby blanket is for....??? ;)[Grabs coat and makes a dash for the door]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure