We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frugal, thrifty, make do, mend! Let this debt come to an end!

Options

Comments

• Happy_Monday
    Options
    To be fair, I’m more of a fair weather walker too, so I’m just scoping out walking gear (via the charity shops obvs!!) so probably won’t start til spring. I’ve been watching a new life in Greece, and that really appeals to me, I’m not a massive fan on the cold! I’m a bit older than you, but would love to retire when I’m 55, or at least work part time and have a bit more of a work life balance! 

Just found the blog now so will take a look. All of my spare money is going into my retirement pot. So I’m a bit like you, thinking do I really need it, or is it a want.....and if I don’t buy it I can put in towards my retirement. Some of my friends think I’m crazy living so frugally, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

• Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Another update today.  One of the receipt apps I downloaded was ZipZero.  I had £1.45 on there but it asked for a sort code and account number for a biller, and I couldn't find one anywhere on any bill!  So I finally called my broadband provider and got theirs, so now I should have £1.45 off next months bill.   Can't complain about free money! at least i thik I will - do DD's reduce if there is extra credit on the account?
    PS.  Someone asked before - ZipZero is the only receipt app I have found that will take my GWR rail ticket receipts, but at a round up to 1% cashback onto bills its always something :-). Shoppix did once but rejected them after that.
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure