We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frugal, thrifty, make do, mend! Let this debt come to an end!

Options

Comments

• Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, Missymoo  :).  I think the thing I struggle with regarding food shops is special offers.  I have to really think through - do I need this ice cream?  Yes its half price, but that's still £2 I wouldn't have spent in the original plan...  Also I really need to do some more baking so I have sweet treat ins to snack on.  I'm totally out right now, and when I peckish and craving something sweet is when resistance is lowest and I'm likely to run out to the shops for some chocolate or something.
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
  • Happy_Monday
    Options
    Ohhhh I’ve got really curly hair too, not sure I’m brave enough to cut it myself though!  I’m booked in to have mine cut in a couple of weeks x
  • Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If it's just a trim it's really easy Happy Monday.  Anything else is more complicated 🤔. Mine is growing on me, it's maybe just a tad short for my liking but it'll grow back! 
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback