Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well I finished a silk taffeta waistcoats that I started a very long time ago .
    I had a small job not booked in, a gentleman needed a button moving on a coat, and another just removed. I said it was £1 but he gave me £4 and said he would be back with other work.
    Two small jobs in, shirt sleeves to shorten and jeans to shorten. I will do them tomorrow. After I had finished the first waistcoat I cut out and started a Harris Tweed one that I have been asked to make. I didn't quite finish it, as I had to stop at 2pm to come to change Mums bed, do a small shop for her and try to fix her carpet sweeper,before coming to Biggest's to babysit for her until hubby gets back from work.
    They have had tea, so now we are watching cartoons. The dog keeps trying to pinch the baby's doll, he is a nuisance.
    I have had a couple more bookings one for tomorrow and one for next week. So whether I have my mojo back or not I have my part time slots filling up, so I am sure I will be earning again soon.
    I am tired with the early morning wake up calls, so when I get home I will once again retire to my cosy corner and update my planner before reading etc
    There were a few jobs that I had wanted to do today but didn't get around to, so they will be added to the agenda tomorrow, and a few calls I have had since I came out that need some action.
    I did ask DS to move the washing on, and that there was pizza in the freezer for tea. He can at least manage that one.
    With any luck he will tidy up after them all.
    ( I can wish anyway).
    So I have my first £4 for my £1000 in 100 days challenge.
    I still need to cull 4 things from my wardrobe as I got two things yesterday. A pair of trousers a size 10 as my 12s are too big, and a second hand dress that is quirky and different, but I will need to work on it a little as the neckline is too high for me.
    So please hold me accountable for sorting out 4 things, or my pile will continue to grow!
    These two children are so much better behaved than my two that it is quite a pleasure to come and take care of them.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SS It may well be that your two are acting the way that they do because of their inter-utero lives ......they haven't been with you for so very long in their little lives, but they will improve with "training"!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    SS It may well be that your two are acting the way that they do because of their inter-utero lives ......they haven't been with you for so very long in their little lives, but they will improve with "training"!

Yes they will improve, they have already improved a bit, and the more consistent and steady life is, the better I hope.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am off to bed now, I never did go upstairs as DS went out, it meant I had the front room to myself so I have been watching NCIS on catchup.
    I did update my planner etc
    So on the whole I have had a good day.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning already!
    Dgd was in at 5.50!! She expected to see dgs2 in here, but he didn't surface until 6.10am much better, but I am still very tired and my eyes sting. I turned out my light just after 10.30 and was nearly asleep when Biggest rang because she didn't know if I had fed the dog or not. I had. So I ended up with my Hypnosis on at 11.15pm. At 12.30 dgs2 woke up, so I did his milk and came back to bed. Something woke me at 1.40am.
    So I don't feel as if I have had a restful night at all.
    I will have to pace myself today. As I said yesterday I have customers booked in this morning, and I need to pop to the nursery with dgs2 s birth certificate ready for him to start next Thursday. I still haven't been anywhere near the town to do the business banking either. I think I will have to squeeze that in this afternoon after the school run and before DS leaves for work at 4.30. He is going to have to use my car as his is once again awaiting the garage appointment, this time it's the gearbox!
    I don't have to go to see Mum today, so I plan to potter before I "go to work " after the school run, and work from 9.30 until 1.30 then do more pottering before school.
    I want to sort out one of my drawers, and get those 4 things out to either recycle or sell, or donate etc.
    10 minutes and I will venture down the stairs with dgs2 and get the school morning started.
    I actually put 11p instead of 8 in my pot as I found it on the floor in the hallway.
    Today should be another 9p though. I can do that now as my handbag is up here and so is the savings pot.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ss, I'm not surprised that you are suffering due to the lack of sleep, I would be on my knees by now! Well done for getting some work done, let's hope this helps find your mislaid mojo.

Yes, the boys will settle and a stable routine will help with that, but that isn't always any consolation when they are being pickles :(
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Seems to be a very long day today.
    I am currently being used as a climbing wall by dgs2.
    He's balancing on my foot, except my legs are crossed so he's off the floor. Oops now he's on the floor as my foot is not that strong!
    I did the school walk, then went to the Nursery to check on next week and sign something. I have requested childcare for the next court date, and also two days a week in holiday club for both boys through the rest of the school year. I said any days it's just to give me respite.
    Had the clients who were booked in, and also a couple of late bookings and a walk in. So I don't have to worry about not getting any work.
    I finished the second waistcoat, a Harris Tweed one. Also had a collection that should have been before Christmas.
    I stopped at 2.30 for DS to go to work. I collected from school and The headmistress spoke to me. She said she was going to call me "Super Gran" as she thinks I am amazing.
    I blushed for the first time in a very long time. But it is a lovely compliment.
    I have done spaghetti bolognese for the evening meal, with added grated carrots and diced yellow pepper to get the children to eat some vegetables.
    I am expecting a customer to collect a shirt that I have shortened the sleeves on, and then I am going to be getting into my pjs and fleecy dressing gown.
    Dgd went out from school for about an hour with two girls from her class, which is a huge improvement from hibernation in her bedroom.
    I still need to sort out the clothes!
    Perhaps I will get a chance when the children are asleep, if I don't fall asleep myself!
    I had an extra £6 today so that's going in the 100 day challenge.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    She said she was going to call me "Super Gran" as she thinks I am amazing.

I have to agree with her 100%
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sper Gran~~ Love it :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well this "Super Gran", is feeling pretty mediocre at the moment.
    I have secured two days a week in holiday Club for both of the children, so I am happy with that. I will find the money one way or another so that I can get time off.
    I should be doing the washing up and preparing for tomorrow but I cannot be bothered. I have put the electric blanket on, and will be tucked up in bed very soon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback