Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    ...because you have disabled cookies on your browser
    Definitely not Correct...

Sorry, can't think of anything else then if you're sure it's not connected to cookies.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are you logged to your Santander online banking when applying?
    Are you accessing it via a bookmark?
    Try going in from scratch with http://www.santander.co.uk
    Try clearing your cache
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 April 2017 at 8:23AM
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Sorry, can't think of anything else then if you're sure it's not connected to cookies.

Do not know about this, but what I could tell, on my privacy setting I always
    Accept cookies from sites
    Accept third-party cookies
    Keep until: They expire

I just check it again a few minutes ago with this website shown
    http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/index
    No change at all.

Also in the past, I have applied several Santander and other banks on line products with no problem at all.
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have you tried what ColdIron suggested of clearing your cache? It's got to be either cookies or cache.
    :(:o - How frustrating for you adindas! :mad:
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • adindas
    Options
    Jo_Blogs wrote: »
    I opened a Santander Regular E-saver this morning with no problem adindas :);)

Did you to open it using from mobile platform or from PC. Thanks again ...

I have not tried it from Mobile platform but may try it if it will make a difference ...
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Did you to open it using from mobile platform or from PC. Thanks again ...

I have not tried it from Mobile platform but may try it if it will make a difference ...

I used a PC :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2017 at 5:56PM
    Options
    A technical error has occurred. .......

Does anyone else got the same problem ?

Over the years I've seen similar error messages when trying to do mundane actions and never finding any reason for the failure. Then I tracked it down!

My partner and I have an old Santander Business Current account. I've setup our default logins so that one of us logs in using the Business login identity (which displays both business and personal accounts) and the other logs in using a Personal login identity. The Santander "system" allows users to do some things as a business user and some as a personal user; for example, I couldn't open a new regular/monthly saver account when logged in as a business user (but I can view the account and setup standing orders to pay into the regular saver). I most recently saw this unexplained "technical error" last month when, logged-in as a personal user, I tried to set-up a standing order to pay the first payment on a specific date: I just got this "technical error" message with no explanation. It wasn't until I tried to do the same operation for my partner using the business identity that although the system rejected the instruction again, it failed with a meaningful error message which highlighted that my specified date was a non-working day. Once I'd twigged the solution (change the date to a working day), I could setup the standing order in both business and personal identities.

This may not fit your circumstances, but it does seem that Santander has a system backend that sometimes does not handle the unexpected at all well and is prone to throw back to the user some generic and unhelpful error message. The systems that operate the Business and Personal user identities behave differently - in my experience, the Business user gets more reliable/helpful error messages.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    Options
    If I were you adindas, I'd just phone them to open one now. That's if it doesn't work via mobile banking...

Yes it'll take 20 minutes, but you've probably 'wasted' more time trying to clear caches, use different browsers and attempted to remove chocolate chip cookies (which I'm more than happy to do for you).
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • adindas
    edited 19 April 2017 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Just want to feed the forum.
    I manage to get to the next step. This time I am using internet explorer iE10.
    It might be due to browser but it might also something to do with their system, in the last few days and fixed today.

I have got this massage. "Your application has been received"

Check my email and got confirmation.
    We're pleased to let you know that your Monthly Saver is now open and ready for you to use..

For Karlie88. I have tried it. They do not allow people to apply over the phone all they will ask you is to book an appointment with them on branch.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

It has not been confirmed open but I have got this massage.

Well that should sooth your nerves for a while :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure