Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

I cannot find anything that has changed.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 April 2017 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Last year when setting up a TSB Monthly Saver (5%), although the payments into it had to be by SO they didn't have to come from a TSB current account (only had to have a TSB current account to qualify). I've just set up this year's (2%), and in the summary box sheet it states under "ways to pay in" "You must set up a monthly standing order between £25 and up to £250 from a TSB current account".

However, in their T&C's it states "You must agree to set up a standing order into the Account for one payment of between £25 and £250 each calendar month the Account is open. It doesn't say in this sentence that it has to be from a TSB account.

Can anyone clarify if the SO's now definitely have to come from TSB, please?

Edit: I've just spoken to TSB who confirm that the summary box is incorrect and they'll be amending it. The SO can come from another bank account.

• mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Edit: I've just spoken to TSB who confirm that the summary box is incorrect and they'll be amending it. The SO can come from another bank account.

Might be worth getting that in writing.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Since last week I have tried a few times to open a new Santander Regular eSaver online. I tired this afternoon again a few times still the same problem. This is the message I always get.

A technical error has occurred. This could be:
    - due to inactivity :
    Definitely not Correct as there is no inactivity

due to a system problem :
    Is it their System ??

because you have tried to access a secure page you have previously bookmarked.
    Do not Understand About this. But in the past I have no problem to apply a new online product.

because you have disabled cookies on your browser
    Definitely not Correct

Please try again or, if you are still experiencing technical difficulties please call us on 0845 600 4388

I have tried to call their TB Customer Service and she told me that it could not be opened over the phone. She advised me to book an appointment with a branch. Of course I will try not to go to their branch if possible.

Does anyone else got the same problem ?
    How did you solve the problem like this ?

Any info will be very much appreciated.
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    adindas wrote: »

Does anyone else got the same problem ?
    How did you solve the problem like this ?

Any info will be very much appreciated.

I opened this account without problems. In your situation I'd first try using a different browser or a different device.

Mark
  • 10_66
    Options
    ...Any info will be very much appreciated.

I'm no techie, but could you try using a different browser (ie, Chrome if you don't already use it)?
  • adindas
    Options
    I'm no techie, but could you try using a different browser (ie, Chrome if you don't already use it)?
    I opened this account without problems. In your situation I'd first try using a different browser or a different device.

Mark

Thanks for the advice. I have tried using three different Browsers e.g Firefox, Chrome, Edge still luck. Also I have used computer on my workplace. I also have clears all of temporary files, history, cookies still no luck.

May I ask those who have successfully applied online, when did you apply and no technical error ?

I wonder if anyone else who applied last week or this week who could share their experience ??
  • 10_66
    Options
    ...I wonder if anyone else who applied last week or this week who could share their experience ??

As no one else is reporting the same error it doesn't seem like the problem's on Santander's side. I know this might be a daft question, but have you got one of the qualifying accounts you need in order to open their regular saver (123 current account) or you don't already have a Santander regular saver?
  • adindas
    Options
    As no one else is reporting the same error it doesn't seem like the problem's on Santander's side. I know this might be a daft question, but have you got one of the qualifying accounts you need in order to open their regular saver (123 current account) or you don't already have a Santander regular saver?

1. Yes, I have Santander 123 lite
    2. No. I had regular e-saver before, but It was mature early last week and is already converted to everyday saver (forgot the exact name (?)
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 19 April 2017 at 7:53AM
    Options

May I ask those who have successfully applied online, when did you apply and no technical error ?

I wonder if anyone else who applied last week or this week who could share their experience ??

I opened a Santander Regular E-saver this morning with no problem adindas :);)

Are you definately sure you have cookies enabled adindas?
    Have you tried logging into Santander before applying for the product?

I just tried to apply for the e-saver from the home page without initially logging in, and the script seems to be working ok, right through to having to log in to apply. Cookies are really the only thing I can think of..........
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family