Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    That is true. I did not suggest ICICI as I'm still waiting (15 days later) for my account to be fully opened. Have the account number now but still no internet banking details.
    ICICI are generally ok, but on the phone they seem somewhat ameteurish. Also, if you don't log onto your account for a few months they have a habit of locking you out which necessitates a phone call to unlock the account. The paying in and out of funds is a tad cumbersome and the online facility isn't laid out that well in my view.
  • moi
    moi Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had email notification that Issue 2 interest rate decreasing 26th October but heard absolutely nothing about Issue 1 - anyone else heard anything about rate going down on Issue 1?????

I was wondering the same thing. I also received the email about my Issue 2, but nothing about Issue 1.
  • mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 October 2015 at 2:31PM
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Would you not be better off using one of the higher interest instant access savings accounts, e.g. Post Office paying 1.61%?

Not if I can get 2% at Nationwide. (And greater than 1.61% on the account I'm feeding it from.)

Remember, as far as I can tell, the 0.25% rate only applies in a month that you withdraw, and even then only for a month (assuming you start feeding it again).
    colsten wrote: »
    Anyone wanting to deposit/withdraw money regularly should obviously be using current accounts which pay way better interest than any savings account.

If all current accounts are full, and instant access is still needed, the Nationwide Regular Saver is pretty much unbeatable amongst instant access savings accounts.

I say if, as interest-paying current accounts accommodate £50,000 and I find it hard to believe that anyone would unexpectedly need instant access to more than £50K.

Yes, but I'm also trying to strike a balance between managing multiple accounts for a higher rate, and accepting a lower rate for an easy life.

Edited to add: And of course 2% at Nationwide is better than any instant access, better than any 120 day Notice account and very nearly as good as locking it away for a year.
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    Anybody still around with a Penrith Regular Christmas Saver 2015? I know a few of us opened them last year.
    I can't find my copy of the original terms, can anyone tell me if there is a stipulated maximum balance of £2,400 or if it will accept a 13th payment please?
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ajdj wrote: »
    Anybody still around with a Penrith Regular Christmas Saver 2015? I know a few of us opened them last year.
    I can't find my copy of the original terms, can anyone tell me if there is a stipulated maximum balance of £2,400 or if it will accept a 13th payment please?

I've just taken a look at the letter and 2015 Christmas Saver product leaflet. Neither of them stipulates a maximum investment balance of £2,400.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • ajdj
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    I've just taken a look at the letter and 2015 Christmas Saver product leaflet. Neither of them stipulates a maximum investment balance of £2,400.

Thanks, I'll be going for a 13th payment in that case :beer:
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »

I hold this one and also had last years RS.

I can confirm 13 payments were successful (i.e. both Decembers) on the previous years, higher rate but similar T&Cs, account.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update.

I will do another update the weekend after next.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    No Penrith Christmas Saver for 2016, though 2015 savers can subscribe to the Regular Saver 300 via e mail, phone or in person.
    This in a letter received today dated 23rd.
    Tel: 01768 863675.
  • ajdj
    Options
    Ken68 wrote: »
    No Penrith Christmas Saver for 2016, though 2015 savers can subscribe to the Regular Saver 300 via e mail, phone or in person.
    This in a letter received today dated 23rd.
    Tel: 01768 863675.

I also had the letter. Maturity date is set as 30th November so looks like a 13th deposit won't be possible after all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure