Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Indeed. I won't be in any hurry to close mine (issues 1& 2), having almost drained them to top up my 3% accounts. I'll keep them both ticking over with £25 per month;)

I have moved most of mine out as well to higher paying regular savers, keeping Issue 1 and Issue 2 ticking over with minimum investment of 1.00 per month per account.
  • moi
    moi Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Leek United BS Regular Savings

Interest rate: 2.25% gross p.a. variable from 1st December 2012
    Monthly payment: £25-£500
    Miss any payments: No
    Penalty-free withdrawals: Yes, you can make 1 penalty-free withdrawal per account year.
    Age of applicant: Not stated
    How to open account: Branch or post

It doesn't look like this is available by post anymore, saying:
    PLEASE NOTE: This product is only available in person at any of our branches or agents.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 September 2015 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Newcastle BS Big Home Saver (Issue 3): I have put a note next to the interest rate on this account stating that the interest rate on the issue 2 account is dropping from 26th October 2015 and that the interest rate on the issue 3 account could end up following suit in the near future (the interest rate on the issue 1 and 2 accounts previously dropped around the same time when issue 2 was the latest version of this account)

- Leek United BS Regular Savings account now available only in branch (which they have now put in 2 places on their website, including in block capitals and bold letters!)

- Leek United BS Homebuyer Regular Savings account has been withdrawn (now removed from post 8)

I will do another update the weekend after next.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apologies if this had been mentioned already, but I see the Leeds Building Society Issue 3 3.05% regular saver can now be applied for online. This means you do not have to visit a branch or send certificated copies of documents, provided they can validate your details electronically (which they did for me). Still requires an opening deposit by cheque which is submitted with the pre-filled form that you can print (or have posted to you) after applying online.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Darlington BS Junior High Days & Holidays Bonus Saver mentioned in Post #2 needs some adjustment. It looks to be paying 2.25% and it is aimed at children up to age 16. Once reaching 16 years the account will be closed and balance moved to another account.

However, there seems to be a secondary offering at 2% - High Days & Holidays Bonus Saver. Seemingly you can hold as many of these as you like.

http://www.darlington.co.uk/savings-2-Regular-savings-accounts.html
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 September 2015 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Newcastle BS Big Home Saver (Issue 3): I have put a note next to the interest rate on this account stating that the interest rate on the issue 2 account is dropping from 26th October 2015 and that the interest rate on the issue 3 account could end up following suit in the near future (the interest rate on the issue 1 and 2 accounts previously dropped around the same time when issue 2 was the latest version of this account)

I have today received a letter from Newcastle BS to say that from 26th October the rate on my Big Home Saver issue 3 will drop to 1.75%. So I guess this was to be expected, strangely the website is still advertising 2% for new customers, but suspect this will change any day now. It looks like all 3 issues will drop on the same date as I've now had e-mails for issues 1 & 2, then now a letter for issue 3.
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just opened the Monthly Saver but when I go to set up a Standing Order, all I see is the other current account I have, the monthly saver is not listed in the drop down menu. Does it come instantly or do I have to wait 24 hours?
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mary wrote: »
    I've just opened the Monthly Saver but when I go to set up a Standing Order, all I see is the other current account I have, the monthly saver is not listed in the drop down menu. Does it come instantly or do I have to wait 24 hours?
    Neither, you have to set up the SO as though the Monthly Saver were an external account, using the sort code and account number.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • ashteadgirl
    Options
    Had email notification that Issue 2 interest rate decreasing 26th October but heard absolutely nothing about Issue 1 - anyone else heard anything about rate going down on Issue 1?????
    Probably living in hope that rate not decreasing as got quite large balance in there. TIA
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had an e-mail to say the rate is dropping on my Issue 1 Newcastle Big Home Saver ISA.... but strangely not had an e-mail about the non-ISA version of issue 1 which I also have. I think we can safely assume all issues will drop :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure