Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    Yes, I opened mine on 1st July too, and I also agree it was the easiest accounts I have ever opened. :j
    It was too easy
    to open. I clicked on ‘open monthly saver‘ on 30 June for some missing info and instead was allocated an account no. Now I'm stuck with 2%.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    just done 2, one for me, one for wife, and set up SO's from dropdown menu from our Instant savers A/cs,within 1 minute each, and received confirmation e-mails.
    Good job I was sure.
    I didn't realise that clicking Open,, would do it instantly, but it did.
    Never set up an A/c so quick.
  • Wail
    Wail Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    It is not obvious and it is illogical..... but you need to set it up as if your Monthly Saver was was an external, non-TSB, account.
    That worked. Thank you
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    In case anyone else is still using it, I've just had an email to say the rate on Newcastle BS Big Home Saver issue 2 is dropping from 2% to 1.75% from 26 October.

Expecting the same for issue 1 & probably for issue 3.
  • afmfifgh
    Options
    Yes, I just got the same, I was still using mine but will now be closing them. It's a shame and I bet quite a few people have had a bad experience of these accounts and Newcastle as this account was trumpeted by MSE in the weekly email when it was a good rate, only for a few days later, perhaps a week, when Newcastle started to slash the rates.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Annoying, yet 1.75% is still the top instant access rate.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Yes, I just got the same, I was still using mine but will now be closing them. It's a shame and I bet quite a few people have had a bad experience of these accounts and Newcastle as this account was trumpeted by MSE in the weekly email when it was a good rate, only for a few days later, perhaps a week, when Newcastle started to slash the rates.
    Perhaps it's the email that is to blame for the 'bad experience'? No bank/BS can sustain the onslaught of hundreds of thousands for any length of time.
  • badger09
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Annoying, yet 1.75% is still the top instant access rate.

Indeed. I won't be in any hurry to close mine (issues 1& 2), having almost drained them to top up my 3% accounts. I'll keep them both ticking over with £25 per month;)
  • afmfifgh
    Options
    Don't forget that in any bonus qualifying period you make a withdrawal you do not get the bonus paid, just the base rate which is current'y 1.00% and falling to 0.75%..
  • badger09
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Don't forget that in any bonus qualifying period you make a withdrawal you do not get the bonus paid, just the base rate which is current'y 1.00% and falling to 0.75%..

I didn't forget:)

I have withdrawn the bulk from each account immediately after that month's interest was credited, leaving only minimal balances;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure