Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    Options
    BigBelly wrote: »
    Maybe it was in the terms and conditions but I can't find them right now and the account is no longer available so I can't check online.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Skipton+loyalty+Regular+Saver&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=OXo3VpPvBciBU5L5segD

Taken from PDF file link result

[FONT=&quot] "Invest up to a maximum of £3,000 in total"[/FONT]
  • BigBelly
    BigBelly Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Skipton+loyalty+Regular+Saver&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=OXo3VpPvBciBU5L5segD

Taken from PDF file link result

[FONT=&quot] "Invest up to a maximum of £3,000 in total"[/FONT]

Good find. Mine's actually not the Loyalty version, but it is bound to be the same.
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the Skipton Regular Saver (which became available for a few months from last November) does not allow a 13th monthly payment. Mine matures on the 19th November, and I made a payment yesterday and I have found a faster payment credit of £250 in my current account today. So I assume that Skipton have returned my payment.

The reason why I'm not 100% sure is that I also made two payments to Nottingham BS for £250 today for their Regular and Special Savers, to it is possible that one of those was rejected, but neither of them are maturing this month so I'm 99% that it came from Skipton. Maybe it was in the terms and conditions but I can't find them right now and the account is no longer available so I can't check online.

Yes, maximum balance is £3,000. I had my maturity letter on Saturday and their new regular saver offering is rather poor paying 2.55%. If you've already got the Nottingham 3.1% and 5% Regular Savers then it might be worth opening a Special Saver Issue 4 that pays 4% and accepts up to £400/month (matures 31st Oct 16). It's fine to have all 3 accounts.
  • BigBelly
    BigBelly Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But don't you have to visit a Nottingham BS branch to open an account with them, even if you already hold accounts with them? When I opened my existing accounts I was passing through the area anyway.
  • Careful_ly
    Options
    I had a telephone call recently from Skipton re my soon to mature regular saver and the advisor told me they are releasing a Christmas regular saver on 23rd November.

He didn't know interest rate or payment amount, so I will be waiting till the 23rd before closing my maturing account.
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    I was told in a Skipton branch yesterday that there will be a 2.25% reg saver available when mine matures (Dec 29), but they are not doing a loyalty saver this year.
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But don't you have to visit a Nottingham BS branch to open an account with them, even if you already hold accounts with them? When I opened my existing accounts I was passing through the area anyway.

Technically yes, but if they have your ID on file and the branch manager is amenable it's not impossible. Phone and ask as you live a distance from the branch.
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the Skipton Regular Saver (which became available for a few months from last November) does not allow a 13th monthly payment. Mine matures on the 19th November, and I made a payment yesterday and I have found a faster payment credit of £250 in my current account today. So I assume that Skipton have returned my payment.

The reason why I'm not 100% sure is that I also made two payments to Nottingham BS for £250 today for their Regular and Special Savers, to it is possible that one of those was rejected, but neither of them are maturing this month so I'm 99% that it came from Skipton. Maybe it was in the terms and conditions but I can't find them right now and the account is no longer available so I can't check online.

You can make as many payments as you want, as long as the maximum limit isn't exceeded. If the Christmas saver is at the 2.55% rate, then I won't be bothering with it.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 November 2015 at 1:55AM
    Options
    My Faster payments/Standing orders to both of my Penrith Regular savers left my current a/c on the early hours of Mon 2/11 but just checked my Penrith a/cs online and the payments are still not showing in either of my regular savings a/cs (xmas saver & Reg Saver 300)

Is this normal. It says "Accounts updated 03/11/2015 at 04:46:27" whenI log in.
  • moi
    moi Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Is this normal.

I'd say yes. My payment made to them on Sunday has only just appeared this morning. It usually takes them at least 2 working days (if not 3), despite what their 'accounts updated' message might suggest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure