Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brilliant work SS2:T

i have a couple of RSs maturing next month, and have just been looking at what to do beyond that. the drip-feeding is great in that it can build a useful sum and i find it a useful way of saving, but the actually returns are not great due to the low balance for most of the year...so i think i will only use 1 for the year ahead: the HSBC Prem one, providing they dont drop the rate in the coming weeks. even that will yield less than £100.
  • redcar_2
    redcar_2 Posts: 631 Forumite
    Options
    The rate is for the account opened after year 1! It has been the case as I remember.

Sorry, as you were for those with these accounts then!
  • patientperson
    patientperson Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Dunfermline BS - Regular Saver at 2.50%.

On 16/06/2014 all Dunfermline accounts will be fully integrated into the Nationwide BS and all accounts will be allocated new numbers.

The DBS Regular Saver will be called Monthly Saver 1 and the interest rate will be increased to 3%.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dunfermline BS - Regular Saver at 2.50%.

On 16/06/2014 all Dunfermline accounts will be fully integrated into the Nationwide BS and all accounts will be allocated new numbers.

The DBS Regular Saver will be called Monthly Saver 1 and the interest rate will be increased to 3%.

It is already 3% AER. http://www.dunfermline.com/Download-library/Savings/PlatinumMonthlySaver_DU98/

The account is on the list in post #3 - - though its forthcoming transfer to Nationwide is additional information.

NB. No announcements about integration into Nationwide of the identical Derbyshire and Cheshire accounts.
  • patientperson
    First Post
    edited 3 May 2014 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    It is already 3% AER. http://www.dunfermline.com/Download-library/Savings/PlatinumMonthlySaver_DU98/

The account is on the list in post #3 - - though its forthcoming transfer to Nationwide is additional information.

NB. No announcements about integration into Nationwide of the identical Derbyshire and Cheshire accounts.

This account is NOT the Platinum Saver at 3%. It is really called 'Regular Saver Account' and key info at 09/2013 shows an interest rate of 2.50% including bonus.

I can also confirm that no similar mail yet received concerning Cheshire + Derbyshire.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A "Regular Saver Account" doesn't appear to be an account that is open to new applications at Dunfermline BS.
  • patientperson
    First Post
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    A "Regular Saver Account" doesn't appear to be an account that is open to new applications at Dunfermline BS.

That appears to be the case and there is also no mention of it in historical rates either. It was a limited issue and has obviously been pulled. This account had a min/max of £10/£500 and is not just for a 1 year term.

All I can say is that I have this account and anyone else who may also have it will benefit from the proposed rate increase to 3%.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I have checked through everything and I cannot find anything that has changed for the first page of this thread or any new regular savers.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I have checked through everything and I cannot find anything that has changed for the first page of this thread or any new regular savers.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure