Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• TheMatrix_2
    TheMatrix_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Ponyo wrote: »
    Whats the best rate for a grand per month please?

A lot of these high rate monthly savers have like £250 limits on what you can save a month. If you're looking at putting away a grand a month into these you'll probably have to open 4 seperate accounts with different providers.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As mentioned by the matrix, the majority of Regular Saver Account (RSA) are limited to maximum £250.00. Few are offering up to £500.00

The problem with this RSA is that they have a window when you could apply.vHave a look on the first page of this thread and choose which one apply and acceptable to you.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=608697&highlight=adindas

To have £1000.00 RSA it is highly likely you need to split it into 4 different accounts.
    Ponyo wrote: »
    Whats the best rate for a grand per month please?
  • Dagobert
    Dagobert Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    If you have a newly open Santander PICR or Santander Zero you could also open Super Fixed Rate Monthly saver which earn 6% interest.
    I presume "PICR" is some form of current account?

Does the Santander Zero credit card also qualify you for the Super Fixed Rate Monthly Saver?

Further up on this thread, I saw mentioned you had 4 x Issue 12 Fixed Rate Monthly Saver. I thought you could only have one of each issue at a time?
    Dagobert
  • adindas
    Options
    Hi Dagobert
    Yes, PICR is sort for Preferred In-Credit Rate Current Account they also call it Preferred Current Account. It is available in the following links. This current account also pay 5% interest for 1 year

http://products.santander.co.uk/bankaccounts.html

Unfortunately, as far I know Santander Zero Credit Card does count toward eligibility for Super Fixed Rate Regular saver.
    Dagobert wrote: »
    I presume "PICR" is some form of current account?

Does the Santander Zero credit card also qualify you for the Super Fixed Rate Monthly Saver?

Further up on this thread, I saw mentioned you had 4 x Issue 12 Fixed Rate Monthly Saver. I thought you could only have one of each issue at a time?
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To qualify for the Santander SFRMS, you must SWITCH your account to Santander using the switching process.
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Do not forget. If you have a newly open Santander PICR or Santander Zero you could also open Super Fixed Rate Monthly saver which earn 6% interest.

Here you gain from PICR or Zero Account which is instant access and earn 5% and from saving account which earn top interest rate 6%.

You will be able two open up to two Santander Zero, so you will be to get two super fixed rate monthly saver

+ Probably (have not tried it yet) 1 PICR

ADINDAS

I have no way to find any information from the Santander website to say that the holder of Zero account is entitled to Super fixed rate monthly saver.

I can see if you use their swtich account service when opennig Preferred current account, you can open your Super fixed rate monthly saver.

Maybe Adindas can explain more in details?
  • ses6jwg
    Options
    Adindas is wrong, only switchers and Santander staff qualify for the 6% version, for everyone else it is 4%
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 June 2011 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Dagobert wrote: »

I tired to open more Issue 12 Fixed Rate Monthly Saver in the past. When I told them I already had one, they advised me only one issue at a time.

I could see that if I didn't tell them I already had one, they might open another one for me. (because it was untill the last stage of openning the second, I asked if I could have another 3 of the same accounts, then the advisor went to ask the manager then came back told me that I could not have more than one)
  • ses6jwg
    Options
    The system will not stop the adviser from opening more than one, however it is against the T&Cs to have more than one.
  • adindas
    edited 18 June 2011 at 1:07PM
    Options
    I could confirm SFRMS only for those who use their Switching Services and a newly open current account which earn 5% interest. That is also what I did when I opened my New Santander Zero account ( so not only PICR a/c). They said it shall contain 2DD and 2SO. But when I opened mine it was only 1DD and 2SO and it is acceptable.

It is actually quite easy to achieve. I did 2 dummy SOs to my other currents account with other banks of £1 (say, but in the theory it could be as low as 1p). For direct debit I used Credit Card that I barely use. So I am fully in control. Do not try with a serious DD as you might be facing a problem with late payment if they mess it up etc.

The benefit here are triplets. Expecting to get Switching incentive of £100.00 (I could not tell, have not received incentive yet), Top interest rate current account of 5% for the balance of up to £2500, eligibility to open SFRMS with 6% interest.

ses6jwg wrote: »
    Adindas is wrong, only switchers and Santander staff qualify for the 6% version, for everyone else it is 4%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure