1.4K replies 45.6K views

Replies

• edited 10 August at 12:11AM
    CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 August at 12:11AM
    If you are baffled by some of of the references, may I recommend The Complete Mapp & Lucia?  (Currently on sale as an Amazon Kindle book for 49p).  There's also a television series, which you can stream through Amazon.
    Thank you so much for the heads up! I don't know how I didn't see this as I check every day, but I'm now the proud owner of what was one of my Mum's favourites. :smile:
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 15.5 coupons spent out of 66
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Laura_Elsewhere - am sending you hugs and a virtual care package with everything from fairy cakes to tea to bath salts to enough recycled wool to make your Intended a balaclava as a get-well gift.
    I advise only using half a bath salt cube at once or your 6" of permitted water will become impossibly slippery and Bill Wot Does Odd Jobs will have to put a ladder up to your bathroom window so one of us can pull you out... Just don't go there. xx
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 15.5 coupons spent out of 66
  • PipneyJanePipneyJane Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou so much! He's been seen by the surgeon, etc., so we hope he'll go in over the next hour and then about 3 hrs of surgery... 

I'm still dismantling the jacket - I doubt I'll get any sewing done today, but should get everything dismantled, pressed, new lining cut out, interlining, canvas, etc., etc. and everything ready to assemble tomorrow like a kit! 
    Fingers crossed.

I can hear much drumming of fingers from here....  If it wasn't so stinking hot, I'd suggest going outside and digging up something in the garden.  (Physical activity consumes the anxiety hormones.)

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 40/66 coupons spent. 26 remain.
  • PipneyJanePipneyJane Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    maddiemay said:
    Sunny, but not as intense here today (just over an hour away from Laura), humidity rising now, not so keen.  Having my Justin hat on am placing cold blocks in the cupboards where meds stores :'( How is it in the South Pip?)
    It's scorchingly hot outside.  Google tells me it's 33C at Heathrow, 3 miles down the road.  My inner Australian was guesstimating 39C, but I'll put the difference down to humidity.  This house was not designed to cope with the heat.  I'm OK working at the moment - my desk is in the lounge which is reasonable - but I am not looking forward to tonight, unless the temperature drops.  It'll be too hot to sleep in our bedroom.  

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 40/66 coupons spent. 26 remain.