2020: Becoming a Saver, Not a Spender

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey!

Well done on becoming ' bad debt free' that must be such a good feeling. Fantastic achievement :)

It does :j :j

It will feel even better when I have paid off the car finance and am truly debt-free :rotfl:
  • bd80s
    bd80s Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats on getting rid of that last bad debt, that was a nice and quick one for you!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congrats on the CC :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haha, only as I had the money due to come in and earmarked it for clearing that last CC :D
    bd80s wrote: »
    Congrats on getting rid of that last bad debt, that was a nice and quick one for you!

Thank you :D
    jwil wrote: »
    Congrats on the CC :T :T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

This mornings commute was much better now that I replaced the fuse in the back of the stereo, I am glad I bought an assortment of fuses as the one I had seen online that supposedly is the one I needed, was wrong so thankfully I still had the right one as there was one in the assorted pack :D

We were supposed to gym it last night but with Storm Brendan in full force near us, neither of us particularly wanted to drive or walk in it, so I will go after work tonight as the weather has calmed down a lot :)

Not much else to report this morning, fingers crossed for a quiet day with plenty of SE work :D

I need to dig out my car finance paperwork tonight and familiarise myself with how to make overpayments, hopefully it's as simple as going online or an automated telephone system, I really hate speaking to people on the phone :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,542 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You could also think about setting it up a bill payment through your online banking. That's how I did my loan & the fact it was so easy made it so much easier :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »

I won't call myself debt-free due to the car finance, but I will call myself "bad debt-free" :beer:

Congratulations on being Bad Debt Free :j:j:j
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news on the CC, the bike and the domes. Things are looking up.

I will recommend the domes to my DS - as he literally wears a hole in his shoes under the ball of his foot and I wonder whether it could help reduce that.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.1K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.5K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • StartingAgainAt29
    Options
    Well done on getting rid of that CC! That must have felt amazing :D
    Nov 19 CC was: £1334.95 Now: £0!! 1% challenge - 100% Savings:£300.83February take lunch to work: 19/18
    Made in Feb: £41.68 Made in March: £32.15
    Made in April: £31.79, Made in May: £30.18
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

There was nothing actually in the letter I got from the finance company about overpayments or anything, so online chatting to them now to find out the best way [ETA - the online chat said the best way to get an answer for that is to phone them, I'll leave swallowing that frog until I have some money to overpay....!)

I made it to the gym last night :j :j I only managed to do a 20 minute HIIT workout on the cross trainer, that knackered me out enough, plus they have moved EVERYTHING around in the gym and it was too busy for me to feel comfortable walking around looking for the weights machines I normally use :o

I also cooked one of my favourite pinch of nom recipes, 4 portions in the recipe so always enough for at least one dinner and two lunches for work :)

I took advantage of a cashback offer I saw on my Halifax banking yesterday, 12% cashback for Ocado who also had a deal on for new customers, 25% off orders over £60 and free delivery. The minimum spend for the 12% cashback was £60 so I saved loads anyway on the actual Ocado order, but should also get £7-£8 in cashback next month from Halifax :) I should also get my £50 Sky cashback at the end of next month, too.

On another positive note, I had to hunt down the key stick thing that goes in the gym machines last night, finally found it in a hoody pocket along with £6 :rotfl: not a bad result at all and makes it worth it that I went to the gym :rotfl:

Starting a squat challenge today and also aiming to try and plank for at least one minute a day, just so I'm doing at least something everyday. OH and I have a table blu tacked to the back of the kitchen door with all of our measurements we can get from the new fancy scales, it's not currently a competition but I suspect once one of us starts losing weight/body fat/etc, it probably will ;) as it stands all of his figures are better than mine, but he is literally on his feet walking around ALL day at work, whereas I sit at my desk :o

I am waiting patiently for my HSBC switch payment to be paid into the account, then I plan to do one of the TSB switches from the referral board, everyone seems to be offering some of their share of the £100 switch reward, too, then I think I'm all out of accounts to switch for money :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback