2020: Becoming a Saver, Not a Spender

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Holmes! I did, but I was just trying on some of their glasses to see if there were any I liked before booking a test. I tried on quite a few and there were two pairs I liked there, but I'll shop around a bit for similar styles before making a choice :)
    Did you get to Boots? I tend to find Mr As cheapest for opticians - just a thought

Morning MSE world!

I am currently waiting for my bike to be delivered (9:15 to 10:15, but last time they attempted it the slot was 11-12 and they tried at 12:45) and also our Ocado delivery between 10:30 and 11:30, once they have both been I can finally have a shower and get dressed without worrying that I am going to miss any deliveries!

The last lot of actual "clothes" washing is just finishing up, then once I've got some room on the radiators I'll make a start with the bedding, should get all three lots in one wash as I have put our pillowcases and fitted sheet in with the light wash to fill it up as much as possible.

I am aiming to finish my running boards today, I need to go to Homebase and pick up one more plaque as I cannot for the life of me find the last one I had cut ready to paint - someone has probably picked it up thinking it was rubbish and binned it t1945.gif

Not much else planned other than that, I don't really feel like driving anywhere today so if anyone wants to see me they can make the effort and come and visit me instead :) my only real plan is the walk over to the retail park to get to Homebase, I always prefer walking anyway as the parking can be manic!

(As I speak the bike has just been delivered, without me paying the £12 fee, not going to complain :rotfl: )

Well, the washing machine has also just started beeping at me and the Ocado man will probably be here soon, so I should probably get off my butt (for now) and get things sorted :)
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your properly on a roll now. Enjoy the bike. My nephew got one today - he was so excited - and looked like he could already ride it better than me despite being only 6!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am yet to go on the bike :rotfl:

My feet were complaining after 40 minutes of squash, the walk to the retail park with a heavy backpack on the way home, and 2.5 hours of standing ironing :eek: never letting it get that bad again!

A sleepy SSDD reporting for duty today due to the above, not helped by my alarm not going off, I woke up randomly to a screen on my phone that had the "stop" button for the alarm showing, but no sound, and this was 30 minutes after it was due to go off.... :rotfl:

I still haven't sorted the kettle - I was supposed to note down the serial number this morning, but totally forgot, so I'll do it when I get home tonight, ready for tomorrow.

SE work is thin on the ground at the moment, but I should still have enough to overpay a small amount on my car finance, and still have some budgeted "fun money" (YNAB is now paid for and my budget for next month prepared)

Whilst the SE work is running a little dry, I'll be focusing on Intellizoom and prolific instead, and anything else that crops up just to keep things ticking over :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I hope things pick up on the s/e front soon. You sound motivated. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow you have been a busy bee :rotfl:

I certainly do not envy the 2.5 hours ironing pile you had to get through that is for sure! haha, i seen early you like the pinch of nom recipes there are some really great ones aren't there? I love some of the stuff in the books.

Seen that you are managing the gym, how is the foot holding up?. I have started gym now (finally) only been a few times and so far no flare up on knees so hoping in next month or so i can step up the visits.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wow you have been a busy bee :rotfl:

I certainly do not envy the 2.5 hours ironing pile you had to get through that is for sure! haha, i seen early you like the pinch of nom recipes there are some really great ones aren't there? I love some of the stuff in the books.

Seen that you are managing the gym, how is the foot holding up?. I have started gym now (finally) only been a few times and so far no flare up on knees so hoping in next month or so i can step up the visits.

Yeah some of their recipes are great, I still have a list of ones to work through and that's without the second book if I decide to get it :rotfl:

The foot is still the same, generally if I stick to the cross trainer it's alright as there is no hard impact, squash made it a bit sore but knowing that I will be having a scan hopefully in the next 4 weeks or so, I can put up with a bit more pain now that I see myself on the home stretch :o

The ironing pile was horrendous, got some of the kids bits to do tonight that were drying last night, but they are much smaller pieces to iron so it will not take as long :rotfl:
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Yeah some of their recipes are great, I still have a list of ones to work through and that's without the second book if I decide to get it :rotfl:

The foot is still the same, generally if I stick to the cross trainer it's alright as there is no hard impact, squash made it a bit sore but knowing that I will be having a scan hopefully in the next 4 weeks or so, I can put up with a bit more pain now that I see myself on the home stretch :o

The ironing pile was horrendous, got some of the kids bits to do tonight that were drying last night, but they are much smaller pieces to iron so it will not take as long :rotfl: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Sounds pretty much like me with the knee, I worry anything high impact is going to hurt, but going to gym as made me feel better about health things.

The second book is fab too :) there are some really good stuff in there. I need to try research more about smoothies/healthy quick breakfasts to ensure i am getting the nutrition needed.

I hate ironing with a passion :rotfl: so try make sure the pile is always very small.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why do people iron? Seriously?!

You are being a very busy bee SSDD23 - congrats. I am waiting for a new swimming costume to arrive - if it fits - want to try and take up swimming again.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think I will make it OH's job as he is the one who is so a*al retentive about his shirts :rotfl: I'm quite happy that mine look ironed without being ironed as I wear a jumper over the top in the winter anyway :rotfl: seriously considering going on a washing strike to avoid any ironing though....
    Why do people iron? Seriously?!

You are being a very busy bee SSDD23 - congrats. I am waiting for a new swimming costume to arrive - if it fits - want to try and take up swimming again.

Hope your new swimming costume fits!

I am going to go for a long walk tonight and investigate our local cycle path route. I was trying to just follow it on google maps but there is a new development/estate that has not yet been put on there that the cycle path apparently cuts through to avoid the main road, but I obviously can't see it on google maps :o I would just take the bike but I'd rather know where I am going when I do go out :D

After that, the house is ALL MINE until 10:30/11pm so I plan to have a nice soak in the bath, steam my face, do a face mask, a hair mask, etc and just RELAX :)

We will be taking the kids swimming when I get home tomorrow, so I am going to get all of the bags ready tonight so I can just head there from work, but also know that they've got all of their wash stuff and know that OH hasn't tried to put the nice new towels in the swimming bags (luckily I checked before we went last week and swapped them out for the old towels).

It feels never ending sometimes just trying to keep things running smoothly, all for no thanks of course ;)
  • Poppy1984
    Poppy1984 Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi SSDD23
    Just been reading your new diary from the start. After you've popped in on mine :) Sounds Like you are making fantastic progress and congratulations on being bad debt free what an achievement :D

How are you getting on with your 20 in 20 list? I also have a gratitude journal which I love but I dip in and out of it I don't manage to do it every day.

You are really inspiring me with all the exercise you are doing!

Poppy :heart:
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family