We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

2020: Becoming a Saver, Not a Spender

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou said:
    The joys of kittens 🐱 & cones 😂
    Definitely! Although to be fair to him, he didn't fight me when I put it back on this morning, so some progress there :) 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is it 6pm yet?

I bought some cleaning supplies from Wilko but that is factored into the increased grocery budget, so still a NSD in my books as it is more than budgeted for.

Can't wait to get home and check on the kitten, hopefully his cone is still in place :joy: no real cleaning to do tonight as I literally ploughed through cleaning the house top to bottom yesterday, there will be a tiny bit of ironing to do but the rest of the evening is mine to chill out :) less bothered about trying to grow new grass and de-weed now that the house is not going to be ours for much longer :joy: 

I may treat myself to a long soak in the tub tonight, OH tends to spend most of his time on the PS4 when he gets in from work as that is his way of de-stressing, so I may as well take the rare opportunity of a housework-free evening to de-stress myself :lol: 
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad the kitten is settling back down. Good luck with the budgeting. Hopefully you will find something even nicer than where you are.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 235 payments to go - now £182,428 Equity 27.02%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £13.45K
    3) CC £6.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.2K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.1K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Glad the kitten is settling back down. Good luck with the budgeting. Hopefully you will find something even nicer than where you are.
    Hopefully, SH. I’m focusing on the fact we may get a house without a stinky sink and patchy lawns :joy:

The cone has remained on the kitten WOOHOO. He is currently snoozing on the bath mat whilst I have a bath, he’s been very affectionate and clingy so I’m letting him follow me around at the moment. 

He’s also eating his wet food properly now, I’m not having to mash it all together so that he eats more than just the jelly. I put the food he won’t eat on FB for free and a lady is quite gratefully collecting it at the weekend :)

I had planned to see some family further up in the country on Sunday as OH is back at work but I hadn’t factored the extra fuel into my budget, and kitten will still have his cone on and is still mastering eating with it on so I may put it off until next month. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gooooooooood morning MSE :)

The morning routine now is a lot calmer now kitten has been done, rather than nudging me awake for food and attacking my feet, he just saunters in and sleeps next to me on my pillow until I decide it's time to get up :)

I had a productive morning, emptied all of the bins and put the big bin out to be collected, scooped the litter tray, put his dry food down ready for later and changed the water in his bowl.  That doesn't sound like a lot but the last two jobs are generally left for OH to do before he leaves for work, but I had time and energy aplenty this morning. 

A few more DD's have gone out and YNAB updated accordingly with my morning coffee in bed. My nan didn't go shopping yesterday so we are going today, I need to pick up some big bin bags as we are out, but it'll come from the budgeted grocery money so makes it a NSD in my books if I don't pick up anything else :lol: 

Going to really scrape as much SE work as I can going forwards, as I have debt to bust but also potentially moving costs coming up. I said to OH if I get any money from the car garage with my claim I'll set it aside as my share of our deposit for a new rented house. Still nothing happening on that front, he was adamant he was going to defend and counter claim but is yet to do anything with the online claim, so we shall see.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just popping on for a quick update but an important one - I have been given a start date for the new job, passed all of the vetting, start late September :) final offer coming in the post so it is all guaranteed :) over the moon with that, I was dead worried that my (old and satisfied) CCJ would have an impact there, but seems as I declared it and it is satisfied it wasn't an issue :)

Also - my nan bless her gave me £20 for petrol/helping out during the pandemic & today, so popped to the bank and paid that in, then transferred into into my EF so I can rebuild that :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,946 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fantastic news o0n the vetting.
    I think the trick is to be upfront.
    Not long til SEptember  :smiley:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,665 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good news about the vetting and getting a start date for the new job.  As beanie says not long til September.

• FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fantastic news on the job front :) - this must be welcome to have such good news in uncertain times.

Glad the kitten is a little more settled haha. Hopefully everything works out with the new house search x
  • DancingInTheRain
    Options
    Great news, how exciting! X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills