We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

2020: Becoming a Saver, Not a Spender

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks SH :) I agree, I think I've been somewhat more of a recluse being a lone worker so hopefully once I start working with other people that will fade away :) I'm kind of just used to being ignored where I am now lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy Tuesday :) 

A few hours SE work done this morning but it's making me want to fall asleep so I will come back to it later on today once I've had some more coffee.

I drank a whole bottle of wine last night :neutral:
    Well and truly off of the diet and exercise wagon so I need to be stricter and get back to it. It will help now that OH is back to work full time and I will have a few free evenings in the week to exercise at home alone. Still hoping for my appointment to come through for the injection in my foot as our hospital seems to be somewhat back to normal with appointments now, though I understand there will be a backlog. 

Found an Amazon voucher whilst decluttering that expires soon so ordered a dash cam set for under £30 which will arrive today, though depending on what comes in the box I may end up ordering some extra wires to hard wire it, having watching a YouTube video and deciding that I've done trickier jobs to the car :joy: I've also decided I will start doing as much of the servicing on my car as I can, which means I'll need to get a jack and some axle stands at some point but I'll probably just keep an eye on ECP for when they've got their bigger sales on and get them when they are cheap. I will spend some time over the weekend with my head under the bonnet and checking the levels etc and work out if any jobs need doing now or can wait until December when it was supposedly serviced last year, although I am inclined to do it all over the summer whilst the weather is warmer rather than December :hushed: 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning world :) 

I have just received my final offer for the job in writing so it's all confirmed I officially have the job  :):):) 

A few more DD's gone out this morning and YNAB updated, feeling very in control and positive right now :) X
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,666 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Brilliant!  You can never quite believe it until you get that offer in writing.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    joedenise said:
    Brilliant!  You can never quite believe it until you get that offer in writing.

Definitely, especially with the way the world is at the moment, too!
  • DancingInTheRain
    DancingInTheRain Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great news! Not long to go now x
  • Poppy1984
    Poppy1984 Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fantastic news on the job! Must feel great to get that official offer :) 

im very impressed with your car servicing plans! I wouldn't have a clue with any of that. 

Poppy :heart: 
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,946 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you have it in writing  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Great news! Not long to go now x
    Poppy1984 said:
    Fantastic news on the job! Must feel great to get that official offer :) 

im very impressed with your car servicing plans! I wouldn't have a clue with any of that. 

Poppy :heart: 
    beanielou said:
    Glad that you have it in writing  :)
    Thank you all :) 

Poppy I just will be muddling along with help from my Haynes manual and YouTube videos, I think it will be far from impressive :joy: 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Seriously hoping my foot injection appointment comes through sharpish, the pain in my foot is getting quite bad lately. I may have to try another type of insoles and shoes to tide me over until the appointment.

Today will mostly be spent form-filling for the new job, bank details uniform sizes etc. It will be nice to have a job again where they provide uniform :joy:

I have just received my £50 from PL at long last, so that's been transferred over to the hairdresser appointment pot which is almost there. Going forwards I will pay half the amount a month into that pot and get it done every 8 weeks so it's always budgeted for. I enjoy looking over my pots at the moment, I realised on my drive into work this morning that I will get my SE wages in 5 days and normally I am counting the days and working out if I've got enough money to last me over but I can look at my pots and see that, actually, yes I've got all of my grocery money in that one, there's the money for my prescription, etc. Very calming.

OH treated me to the little kit to hardwire my dash cam (kit was only around £11) so will be sorting that out either tonight, or over the weekend if the weather isn't great tonight. I think they are definitely becoming a more worthwhile investment with the way people are driving.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure