We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…178179181183184…187

Comments

  • Humboldt
    Humboldt Posts: 666 Forumite
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi @mark55man great to read that you are feeling a lot better.  Fantastic to have a seaside holiday on the horizon.  Not sure that ice cream has any calories when eaten at the seaside.  Enjoy.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Thank you - I will believe you about the ice cream, but no one can convince me that Pasties are calorie-free
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Glad you are feeling better. Good to have holidays to look forward to as well. 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Best part of a kilo lost this week so that's half a stone (if I can mix my metrics) since the start of the year

    Looking forward to my break, I think I can manage to keep the weight off - but it will be close!!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • castlelough
    castlelough Posts: 319 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    You are so close to achieving your goals Mark! Very inspiring. I will try to follow!
    Debts: Credit Card: €6000 ---> €5050 Feb 25 \ Overdraft: Step 3/100
    Savings: FF Fund: Step 23/100 \ CU: 3755/4000
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    CL - thank you for popping in.  If you have read more than a few pages congrats.  Like must older diaries it variations on a theme with occasional flurries of excitement.
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Glad you are at the seaside. I agree a sunny day by the seaside is indeed a blessing. Nice to get steps in early too.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi DIA yes indeed - same again today - although windy rather than sunny.  a different sort of blessing!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi Mark - glad you got to go to the sea!! Well done on the weightloss too.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.