We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine
Comments
-
When my hunger diminishes I will have full fat greek yoghurt and berries too. For now eggs really help decrease my appetite so will stick with them. You are doing really well. Inspiring.
Have a lovely few days.If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them
Emergency fund 1400/1000
Buffer fund 100/100
Debt Free (again) 25/07/20254 -
I find the yoghurt very filling - its quite solid and only 4g carbs per 100g. The good thing about lo carb as within reason I don;t have to count calories so can't help you there.
with nuts and berries you do need to be a bit careful eg raspberries are relatively good (as in low carb), but blueberries very much less good. Walnuts and brazil nuts are 3-4g of Carbs per 100g but I think Cashews are 10 times thatI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine4 -
I did atkins years ago so have a handle on low and hi gi foods - doesn't seem to normally change my eating habits. Been reasonably good today though.Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20284 -
I think I just reached peak MSE and Lo-Carb in that my breakfast consisted of left over salad with high fat dressing- mmmm yummyI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine4 -
So out in the garden today - more spring cleaning than proper gardening & getting things clear for a good mowing - when I stepped on a rake that had been left hidden in the grass. Had I been slightly shorter in stature or leaning a bit further forward I would now be missing some front teeth rather than a whack on the chest. Be careful out there stay safe!!
I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine5 -
Stay safe indeed. What have you eaten for the rest of the day?
My treat today is looking out at a flowering apple tree.... The garden is offering rich rewards at the moment. So grateful for one right now- feeling blessed.Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20284 -
yes - it must be very hard not to have a garden during isolation
lunch was scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (from Lidl - stay classy) - supper is going to be stew (bought the beef last Saturday when it was winter) but will avoid the carrots!I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine4 -
Your weight loss is really coming along now. I've been surprised on how well I am doing on 5:2. Happy Easter. We're having chilli for Sunday lunch as I forgot to buy any lamb!Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20283 -
Thank you SH. Excellent news on the 5:2. I did find your diary but forgot to bookmark it - so will remedy that shortly - and then I can catch up properly. I liked it on the old site when you auto subscribed when you posted, but generally I'm cool.I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine4 -
So I am happy to report that my weight loss is still going well now 237.7lbs or 16st 13.7. First time at 16 st anything for a while. The boost was triggered by my OH joining in lo-carb full time and gave me a bit of a boost.
Made a fleeting acquaintance with my OD this week, as a company payment got a bit delayed over Easter, but back in the black when it cleared, and with OH pay coming in a few days should have enough to see through to the end of the month which will be nice. Lockdown is very affordable if not enjoyableI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
