No Craft Spending in 2020 - I will bust my stash this year!!!

Options

Comments

• Chloe901
    Chloe901 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've not been on much lately as I haven't been doing very much crafting. However, today I've sewn a dress for myself (need to do a few finishing touches and hem the bottom but otherwise it's done), and it's reignited the bug for me! This afternoon I think I'm going to cut fabric for a cardigan (weird to think about sewing a cardigan rather than knitting it) and I've also got plans to make a new first aid bag for the house later in the week. I'll report back with updates and perhaps a pic or two soon. Hope everyone is keeping safe and well
    Cx
    Craft target 2020 - 17/20 projects complete
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 August 2020 at 4:36PM
    Options
    I haven't done a lot recently either Chloe. I've had a few little trips out for walks whilst the weather has been nice, so that has taken up a lot of my free time. I did cut out a few bits last night, a camisole for myself and some PJs for my son, but no sewing to report. I need to set the ironing board up again next to my desk, and then I will feel like I have my normal set up back! (I had to have a move around so that I could do proper work whilst my son napped).

I did manage to finish 3 Christmas cards whilst I was sorting out the craft room/spare room again this afternoon, so that is a plus! Now at 61/52
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • Wraithlady
    Wraithlady Posts: 856 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm still waiting for this heatwave we're supposed to be having, it's still grey and cloudy here. 
    However, I have finished the knitted headband and also made a face-mask, managed to scorch it (I thought the lining was cotton. It wasn't) and also a bit big - however, fits OH nicely, it was a test piece so I know to cut it a little shorter on the sides for me. 
    The trousers are nearly finished (just sewing in the elastic, hemming and hand-stitching the waistband closed), but I must admit to buying 2 metres of Japanese quilting cotton - 1 with dragons, 1 with Koi carp - for facemasks. However, the lining will be the aforementioned definitely-not-cotton, and the filter pocket is a patchwork charm pack I bought off eBay several years ago and never used - the squares are just the right size! And, even more frugally, the elastic is off a tent that died.

Total to date: 11/25
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • Wow well done @Wraithlady and everyone else too! Nothing new to report here still! 
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Japanese quilting cotton - lush.
    All I have managed to do is make and sew on pom poms onto a blanket and some hats me n my Mum made for charity.I have decided the sleeves on the nautique jumper are too long !!!! need to undo and redo.I vow to finish all my ufo's before starting something new.
     :
  • Chloe901
    Chloe901 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, hope you've all managed to escape the worst of the heat and indeed the worst of the rain! Reporting in with a couple of new makes. I did the first aid bag (actually it's four zipped pouches in a sort of wrap situation with extra zipped pockets; made a serious dent in the zip stash!) plus a dress by Tilly and the Buttons. The dress is technically finished, but the neckline facing is really keen on flipping outwards/sticking up so I think I'm going to use a decorative stitch around the neckline to stick that thing down. I've also started knitting a little cardigan for my friend's baby, but I am doing something wrong with the lacework and have now started the blasted thing three times! Perhaps today is the day I'll get that sorted.

How many UFOs do you have Vulpix? I have some stuffed in a box upstairs which I must fish out at some point
    Cx
    Craft target 2020 - 17/20 projects complete
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've almost finished a t shirt I've been making for a while. I kept putting off the neckband- it was a bit of a pig, and I swore lots, but it actually looks nice. Now just need to topstitch it and that'll be done. I've done it entirely with the twin needle, and it was both easier and better looking! 
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • magical
    magical Posts: 894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've made 2 cards, one tag and a chick in a basket for a friend 😂 19/35
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    The trousers are going to have to be redone - taking in at the side seams in order to fit (might need to do something with the crotch seam as well). I've been doing the Collete Patterns Seamwork Design Your Wardrobe course - need to excavate my spare room so I can actually get at the other half of my stash to see what I've got.

2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Chloe I have  about 6 knitting projects I need to sew up or knit the neckband or even just make a pompom.I have the dreaded 3 kings wall hanging and some painted cork reindeer and snowmen to make a noughts and crosses game,half painted.I also have some spray painting and a half renovated chair on the list.If I dug in the cupboard I could probably find more.

I confess to buying a new cross stitch kit from fb... it was an absoloute bargain yer honour.Only £4

I have done nothing whatsoever for a couple of weeks as we have had house guests for 8 days and having everything on the sittingroom floor looks a mess.I have also been working a fair bit.I haven't worked for almost 7 years and it is a shock to the system.I am just too tired in an evening.

I always think it's character developing when projects need changing.Problem solving.So well done if thats what you have been doing.Much more sense of achievement if it was challenging.

I have days off next week so must get on with something even if its just pompoms.

Vx
     :
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport