Virgin Money Current Account

Options

Comments

• PParka
    PParka Posts: 262 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Does anyone know if the new app will show regular savings and credit card accounts that are held with Virgin Money?
  • bambilegs
    Options
    Hey. Those who have it already or who will be opening the account, what will you be using the account for?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    bambilegs wrote: »
    Hey. Those who have it already or who will be opening the account, what will you be using the account for?

Presumably putting money into and paying bills and general spending!? :money:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PParka wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new app will show regular savings and credit card accounts that are held with Virgin Money?
    I can't even log into the app with my existing credentials, which I have because I have the Regular Saver. They also have a separate app for the Virgin credit card, So it appears the new app is. for now at least, just for the current account and the associated instant access saver
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The new Virgin Money products are just re-skinned B products then the login will only work with Clydesdale/Yorkshire logins.

Legacy VM products will be on the old VM/Northern Rock system until it's decommissioned.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am waiting for their switch offer :D
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Virgin Money Current Account is going to be free of foreign transaction fees from 6 March 2020. T&Cs dont seem to have been updated - but looks like there wont be any exchange load either. So good competitor for Starling etc if you already have an account?
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 March 2020 at 9:22PM
    Options
    Does that include foreign ATM fees ?

Edit - Just checked no atm fees for Euro, Swedish Krona or
    Romanian Leu, there are charges for any other currency, so if you go to Czechia or Poland or Hungary you have to pay a fee

• jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2020 at 11:18PM
    Options
    mwarby said:
    Does that include foreign ATM fees ?

Edit - Just checked no atm fees for Euro, Swedish Krona or
    Romanian Leu, there are charges for any other currency, so if you go to Czechia or Poland or Hungary you have to pay a fee

The changes to the rest of the world apply from 6 March 2020. The email suggests that no foreign ATM fees either from that date.
    Free for all
    There’ll be no fee whatsoever. Not for using your debit card in shops or restaurants. Or even for taking out cash. Just watch out for the cash machines that charge you to use them.
  • dc_scotland
    dc_scotland Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Weren't they supposed to be dropping those charges last December ?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback