Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I’m refining too and planning to join in
    Carolbee
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Lovely thread, great ideas. I will be along later to join in.
  • Muddy_WalkerMuddy_Walker Forumite
    92 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Forumite
    I love this!
    Stay safe!Stay upright!And eat cake 🍰 😊
  • PrimrosePrimrose Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Twenty items of each coin designation and note popped into a jar to save up for a special treat.

(Easier to pop in the 20p and pennies, but the £20 notes might be more of a challenge :rotfl: ).
    92 Posts
    Forumite
    Been really thinking hard about this.....I think things will be tweaked a lot!

I already walk A Lot (1300 miles aim this year) so 20 walks of 10 miles.
    Um.........
    I watch very little tv, read a lot, walk my dogs a lot, clean subsequent mud and dust a lot :rotfl:
    Garden quite a bit.....

Oooo date nights with OH, yep 20 of them.....

I do air cadets so lots of volunteering there....

Ooooo write 20 short stories and see if I can self publish on Amazonian!

To be honest we have come through personal hell these past 4 years so don’t really want to overload next year.

MW
    92 Posts
    Forumite
    And then there’s the obligatory “lose - not loose - 20 pounds”. Yep cos that will happen when I have PCOS (my ailments are alphabet related), am older than 49, tummy hates healthy grains....so let’s pretend I added it! X
  • CAFCGirlCAFCGirl Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    And then there’s the obligatory “lose - not loose - 20 pounds”. Yep cos that will happen when I have PCOS (my ailments are alphabet related), am older than 49, tummy hates healthy grains....so let’s pretend I added it! X

Why not change that into something more positive, like make 20 healthy changes?
    I have a hatred of the apparent obligation to lose weight that's placed on people because its scale/numbers driven. You can be skinny as **** but still deeply unhealthy.

Really what I mean is fill your list with things that will spark joy for your soul.:A
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 6/66
  • And then there’s the obligatory “lose - not loose - 20 pounds”. Yep cos that will happen when I have PCOS (my ailments are alphabet related), am older than 49, tummy hates healthy grains....so let’s pretend I added it! X

If you want to lose excess weight (I'm assuming you actually DO have the weight to lose!) then you CAN do t!

Believe me...if I can lose weight then ANYONE can. Over 49? Yep, by a good few years....multiple disabilities? Yep, to the extent that exercise isn't just difficult, some days it is impossible, and certain foods are an 'issue'...on meds which 'may cause weight gain' (And for 'might' please read 'absolutely, definitely WILL!!!)? Oh yes!

….but somehow I am doing it...over 10stone lost already, I have gone form obese iii (morbid obesity) to 'overweight' and am going to be 'normal' for my height in 2020!

No exercise, no weight-lose clubs...it was done by modifying my diet...I found the approach that worked for me...5:2, aka Intermittent Fasting, more recently the modified fast800 ...I have to avoid the 'problem' foods for me, easily done...and the loss has been slower than it would be if I could exercise too...but it has been worth it!

Maybe 20 pounds is too big a loss to visualise but how about going for 20 weeks of weight loss...even f that is just half an ounce! (you might find you lose MORE than that!!!)
  • lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Been really thinking hard about this.....I think things will be tweaked a lot!

I already walk A Lot (1300 miles aim this year) so 20 walks of 10 miles.
    Um.........
    I watch very little tv, read a lot, walk my dogs a lot, clean subsequent mud and dust a lot :rotfl:
    Garden quite a bit.....

Oooo date nights with OH, yep 20 of them.....

I do air cadets so lots of volunteering there....

Ooooo write 20 short stories and see if I can self publish on Amazonian!

To be honest we have come through personal hell these past 4 years so don’t really want to overload next year.

MW
    think of 20 things that are kind to you.
    20 mins meditation daily
    20 early nights
    20 lie-ins
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I like these - I will try to think of some...

20 alcohol free days a month should be fairly easy to achieve...
    2020 km is good... 1,255 miles apparently. I'm walking the wales coast path so can chalk some off then#
    Lose 20lbs? Possibly a bit too much for me. I need to lose about 10... 20 half pounds :rotfl:
    Save £20 a week? month?

Hmmmmm… I shall think on
    I wanna be in the room where it happens