Debt free before August 2023 - Page 25

New Post Advanced Search

Debt free before August 2023

edited 3 December 2019 at 2:43PM in Debt Free Diaries
257 replies 11.9K views

Replies

• Poppy1984Poppy1984 Forumite
    490 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Thank you @welshspendthrift
    good luck with your payments. Prolific has certainly given me a boost but shoppix will be slow for me for a while now as I cashed out £20 not so long ago. 

Poppy :heart: 
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    Debt remaining: £11,728
    Original DFD Aug 2024 New DFD Dec 2022
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Made a small over payment today, will update totals in a fortnight after payday. Hoping to have some money left over before the next pay and to make another overpayment and hopefully take my debt free date into 2022 🤞 

I'm still on track for getting my debt into the 10,000 bracket by the end of this year which I am soooooooo excited about!!!!! Then I will set my next goal. I feel like the light really is at the end of the tunnel can't wait!!!!!! 

This month I have relaxed things a little with the budget to allow for some meals out using the government eat out to help out scheme.  Will be nice to have some treats it does mean that I won't have as much to over pay but I've been so strict these last few months and I think a bit of a relaxed one will give me a boost and some renewed motivation.

i just can't wait to be debt free and have that money that is tied up in my monthly payment as money that can be used for whatever I want 😀😱 that will be sooooooo amazing!!!!! My contractual monthly payment is £455 but I have also been regularly making over payments so it will feel so amazing to have that money spare!!!! I also feel like this journey has taught me so well how to budget that I will still continue that for the rest of my life even once I'm debt free because it's just engrained now. 

I'm really looking forward to the freedom of not having the debt hanging over me, It's been so long I can't even imagine how it's going to feel 😁😁😁 

my house/building insurance is due for renewal in October so I will look for the best deal and pay that in full this time. Which means my car insurance, tax, house insurance will all get paid in full yearly now. I put aside the payments monthly so the moneys there for when I need it, it just means less monthly direct debit commitments. I guess there's still the tv licence that I pay monthly, and the water but I think I'll continue with them on monthly dds. 

Well enough babbling from me 🤣 

poppy :heart: 
  • FootyFanDanFootyFanDan Forumite
    729 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Well done Poppy. It's great to hear that despite the recent roof issues that should not delay you reaching your target and that would be fantastic feeling for you...can almost sense the excitement your post :)

I do agree that loosening up a little for maybe a month can help keep you motivated - you have hit this debt journey hard and if this isn't going to impact to much on the end goal it could do you good as it will mean you rejuvenate you.

Here is to being debt free! :) x
    Current Debt Figure - £2360
    Target DF Date - 28th December 2020!

You can throw in the towel and give up, or you can use that towel to wipe the sweat away and power through
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Hey dan 👋 
    hope you're surviving on your own! I'm sure your other half and little one are missing you too. Lovely that you have planed a bit of diy while they're away. 
    Routine is definitely your best bet, easy to fall out of it when you're on your own I think. 
    Debt free by the end of this year/ early next still sounding good! I can't wait to be in that position :) 

• ScloudScloud Forumite
    48 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Well done for making such great progress! It must feel so exciting to be look at a 4 digit figure after such a long time! I think it sounds like a good month to relax a little to give yourself the boost to get through the next few months. You are onto the final stretch! 
    LBM: November 2019 - CC Debt: £37,488
    June 2020: £31,272 - £6216 / 16% paid.
    July 2020: £30570 - £6918 / 18% paid.
    My debt free diary: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6110976/here-s-to-the-future/p1
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi @Scloud 👋 
    I hadn't even thought of that, but yes you're right I will be seeing a 4 figure number by the end of this year 😁😁😁 amazing!!!! That's made me feel super excited. I've got a week until pay day then I'll update my totals. If I can over pay a little more that would be great.

poppy :heart:
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    12.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad the roof came in at a lower price for you
    During 2020: Target 1) Reduce debt from £25.1K @ 0% Now down to £17,357 Target 2) Overpay mortgage - now @ £777 OP Target 3) Improve pensions Target 4) Declutter 52 bags - Done with help of skip. 5) Lose 21lbs - now at 15lb lost 6) Build/maintain EF/Savings pots at £1K or more by 31/12/20
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    I am glad the roof came in at a lower price for you
    Thanks @savingholmes me too!!! What a stress!!! 

490 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi 👋 
    So there's not been much to update on so haven't posted on here in a while. 
    Pay day has now been so I wanted to come on and update my debt total and DFD. 
    My loan now stands at £12,348 and my new DFD is December 2022 😁😁😁 finally brought it into the 2022 which feels so much better than saying 2023 😁 so pleased with that!!!! 
    So I've £2,348 to pay off by the end of this year to get to my goal of my loan being at £10,000 by the end of this year. I think it's still doable. After that my next goal will be to become debt free by the end of the following year. Very ambitious, BUT I'd really love to be debt free by December 2021 what a Christmas that will be and what a way to begin January 2022 DEBT FREE 🎉😁 it feels within reach now and I can not wait!!!!! 

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    12.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Poppy that's a fantastic goal. I'm sure you will find a way if you set your mind to it. I need to get back on track after a diversion - but will have to wait until September until I can make a real difference to our debt again.
    During 2020: Target 1) Reduce debt from £25.1K @ 0% Now down to £17,357 Target 2) Overpay mortgage - now @ £777 OP Target 3) Improve pensions Target 4) Declutter 52 bags - Done with help of skip. 5) Lose 21lbs - now at 15lb lost 6) Build/maintain EF/Savings pots at £1K or more by 31/12/20