What small DFW things will you do w/c 2nd December?

Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Ditty, sorry to hear about more tyre trouble! Glad that the work thing is done for now.

A bit of a strange day here as we had the tree surgeons and electricians coming, so my usual daily tasks have all been messed with but hopefully now the two jobs are done I start getting sorted.
    Today I have/will
    * moved furniture again the the front room so that we could get to all the problem sockets - hoovered behind everything before moving back.
    * moved a side table which had ds2s keyboard on into the garage as its too big in the room really and put it on the keyboard stand a friend gifted us. This meant I was able to put the xmas tree in a much better position in the room so its a win-win
    * reorganised the garage as it had become a dumping ground after ds1s bed broke the other week. - glad we did this this morning as the electricians ladder wasn't big enough so he used ours and we wouldn't have been able to get at it earlier!
    * re-purposed 4 table legs - means ds1s computer will stop bashing the wall
    * got the tree blokes to leave me with lots of our wood chippings - will put on the garden once we've got more of it cleared.
    * brunch was omelette to use up various bits from the fridge
    Still need to
    ** check banking/update cashbook
    ** continue straightening up before the kids get home and make a mess again!
    ** shower and leave hair to dry naturally.

Can't think of anything else for now, I'm really tired. Hopefully I'll be back with more later.

Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Ive just read through and had a catch up. Haven't had much of a chance to post, work has been mad busy and now i feel more myself ive just thrown myself into it which has had its positives and negatives-i was so tired i crashed at 7.20pm last night

Have been keeping the faith
    -banking checked every day
    -cashed out on quidco-got a costa voucher for when DD is home
    -have been picking up buffet food reduced and popping it in the freezer-freezer now full, its not that big
    -have been picking up chocolates and biscuits while on offer and using £2/£3 coupons off a shop aswell so have plenty in when DD comes home next week-she is a locust!
    -waiting for DD to come home to put the main Christmas tree up. Buying presents throughout the year, it has been brilliant to be prepared and saved me money. Alot of presents were bargains. Using up wrapping paper stash
    -up to date with RM surveys. Used the stamps to send my Christmas parcels
    -cashed out £50 in vouchers from the RM extra surveys
    -some decluttering done of bits passed to me by DM that i just wasnt going to use.
    -sold an item on ebay. I havent had chance to put any more items on ebay. Hoping to do a couple more this weekend

I can't think of anything else, but there's bound to be!
    Hope everyone is doing okay
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 December 2019 at 8:38AM
    Options
    Morning :D I've been up since 5.30 but as usual have to sit doing nothing so I don't wake the others!

HK nice to see you, I'd been wondering where you were :D

No big plans for today :D I looked after a friend's girl last night. She and madam, mostly, get on like a house on fire so it was a hassle free evening. I've learnt a trick for getting kids to be quiet when I want to put them to bed. I say as long as they stay in the bedroom playing without squabbling I'll let them stay up. But as soon as they come downstairs or start squabbling I'll know they're tired and it'll be lights out :rotfl: I've found it lends to a hassle free evening when I've had enough :cool:

* hang up washing
    * do TOMM hallway Friday focus as didn't do yesterday
    * give back 2 alterations to customers/friends. Pay money received off of cc to pay for overlocker ;) - just have one more item for a customer - making a tie from wedding trousers... Have blocked out 3 hours to do that on Monday :think:
    * take madam to visit Santa
    *go for a walk
    * start sewing baby bags. Want/need one to be finished by next weekend :eek:
    * all meals from stores
    * might do some baking with madam later

Ok think that's my list for today. Going to make another pot of coffee and cut out final fabric for bags
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi managed NSD day yesterday by just staying in!
    Am hoping to pick up car today and some vege.
    Really need to get my Christmas mojo going now.
    But first I think I'll do a parkrun.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,601 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DNMS I like your sleepover strategy, the children have the treat of playing until late and you have a quiet evening :T :T
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone. Love your quiet evening hack determined - where were you 25 years ago when my kids were this age??

A day off today, so I headed off to East Riddlesden Hall, to the Christmas Fair (it's where I used to volunteer, and still do when I can, before I had to get a proper job). The place was jumping, it's made me feel really Christmassy!! I got free entry as a vol, and lots of hugs off of people I haven't seen for ages. I had a lovely look round all the stalls (didn't buy anything - my gifts are sorted - but it doesn't cost anything to look...), then in to the Great Barn to hear the choir singing carols. Just lovely - and a perfect setting. All they needed was a couple of donkeys!! There was a demonstration of stollen-making, free entry, so I went to that - really interesting, I'm quite tempted to have a go!! Oh, and a free taste of a locally made gin as well.

I'm going to continue the Christmas theme this afternoon and put my decorations up. I wasn't going to bother with the tree, as I'm not here on Christmas day - but what the hey. It's only going to sit there in the cupboard if I don't use it, seems a shame not to.

And then tonight it's the staff Christmas do. We had to pay £10 towards it, but apparently we get that back on the night (cash? drinks vouchers? I'm not sure) - but it's a full meal and dancing, and it's the only do I'm going to this year, so it doesn't seem too extortionate. I'll need to get a taxi there, but hoping for a lift home or at least sharing a taxi back - and it's only a couple of miles so really not too bad at all. I bought a new party frock last year, so that will get brought out again this year. I haven't had my nails done, but when I do it ruins them until Easter so I don't mind missing out on that!! I'll buy myself a drink or two, but I'm very good at not getting sucked into the 'buying rounds' thing. And I'm not a big drinker so it shouldn't cost me a fortune. Looking forward to it - we all wear cargo pants and polo shirts at work, and steel toe cap boots, so it'll be great to see how well we all scrub up!!

It's a lovely day today - get yourselves outside for 5 minutes if you possibly can before the sun sets!!

xx
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Trailing, I hope you have a lovely night, sounds like a great day.
    Dnms, I'll have to remember that for when I eventually give in to having sleep overs!

Today's been lovely,

We had to go into town to prove id for new bank accounts I've tried setting up in the week. Whilst in town we picked up another fleece blanket as they had the right colour (we've been popping in on the off chance since about June!)
    Onto lldl to buy a bunch of flowers for my parents as we wanted to surprise them with something when we went for brunch. After brunch we went to the cinema to see the new Jumanji film with the kids, such a lovely family afternoon but no effect on the bank balance as it was paid for using gift cards we'd bought with last years xmas gift money from the inlaws and we took drinks and some sweets from home for the kids.
    Home for tea and now getting ready to watch a film with dh with our new blanket, the tree lit, the xmas candle lit and a small glass of irish cream (aldee own not big brand) :D

Have a lovely evening all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • lynneee
    lynneee Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all!
    I've had so little time to post this week but I have been busy!
    Lots of organising for Christmas has been done now so I'm pleased, and have spent wisely so I m happy. Was the school Christmas disco last night so it was a long day at work. But we raised lots of money so all good. Went to M0rrisons on Thursday to take advantage of bonus points and bought lots of stuff for Christmas chocs, alcohol and longer life food. Got 11 coming on Christmas day so need to be organised! Went present shopping this afternoon and have managed to wrap everything I have bought so far which is unheard of this early in December! Just a few things to get for my kids and I'm done! And some cards to write.
    Nursery Christmas fair tomorrow so I'm in the kitchen making turkey butties so won't get much chance to do anything at home, but it should be good.
    Sleep well all
    Lynneee
    mortgage £800 overpayment 2022. £600/£2400 2023 🙂 savings £1853/£1800 😊
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So yesterday did free Parkrun and improved my PB of the year even though I felt rubbish.
    I walked everywhere as picked my car up last thing. Dont actually really need car til Thursday, but will top up gas in case I have to drive to a school Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Go shopping in a bit to make sure rest of week is NSD.
    Will probably scrap swimming today as it's £5 and I can do some yoga this morning instead.
    Will bake rolls for the week doe lunches.
    Will make some apple cinnamon muffins (grate apples though).
    Bake a chicken - that should keep us fed till Tuesday throwing in a few chickpeas.
    So when I go shopping today only need to get some vege, snacks, milk and peanut butter. Some days ds brings 4 bagles for 'lunch'
    No money yet for Christmas gifte - I feel I'm cutting it a bit close. Am putting money away for January though, as am worried I will run out when we come back from family visit abroad. (sponsored by relatives).
    Dont need to buy any Christmas things will make Christmas cards today wit a little lino print and bake more heritage cookies for little gifts.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi guys :D I just woke up from a nap! Opps! Originally got up at 7, tidied up, did some sewing then went back to bed :D

For the rest of the day:

*stuff ready for school tomorrow
    * all meals from stores - chicken in a sofrito sauce with lo mash in the fridge ;)
    * finish baby bag 1 I started yesterday :D
    * also finish off trim on kimono I've made my bff :D
    * I've said to madam we'll get the tree down and decorate today
    * wouldn't mind going for a jog. Weather is nice. Will see....
    * want to pop to lidl to get coffee and their weekend offers - hopefully can fill up trolley with bacon!

that's it
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business