What small DFW things will you do w/c 2nd December?

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    There is only me up (since 5.30 :(), so sneaking on here while I have a few minutes to myself.

Glad you are feeling more yourself DNMS, and what a pain to have things stolen from your car Purple Fairy :mad:

Rellies arrived yesterday, all ok so far, but it was quite hard to entertain them yesterday evening, as we don't have much in common with them. Anyway, we are going out to a museum OH thought would interest them today, and have decided to have lunch out, to minimise cooking / fussing opportunities / stress. I have soup made in the freezer for when we get back, and nibbles and drinks for this evening (I spent way more than usual in the supermarket yesterday :eek: don't normally buy this stuff) - we have invited DS and his gf to try to vary the conversation a bit.
    I have managed to get some bits done in peace since I have been up, checked banks, opened a new regular saver account with the Coventry BS (as featured in Martin's newsletter), done a bit of bookwork re HMRC for OH, as he had had some payments made into one of our bank accounts, loaded the dishwasher, fed the dog and had my breakfast in peace :A
    Once everyone is up and about, but before they appear downstairs, I will fold the washing on the airer and stuff it in the airing cupboard. I am pretty certain that they do not do things like decorate their sitting room with an airer full of washing if there is an electric or electronic solution available, preferably expensive and made by Apple :rotfl:
    Anyway, thanks for the good wishes, only today, this evening and tomorrow morning to get through, then back to normality, or what passes for it for us :D
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 December 2019 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Hi December Devotees,

PF: sorry about the car thing.

I've a precious days off. :DYesterday, I just stayed in bed with my hoodie up clutching my stuffie, haven't done that in months. So today needs to be more active.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Five:

* Check online banking.

* Continue my Challenge 500 miles challenge to travel 500 miles for free before the end of 2019: walking, hiking, climbing, cycling, running and swimming. I'm up to 438/500.

* Go for a walk around local RSPB reserve (of which we are members so it's 'free'). Take own coffee in a flask and own chocolate.

* Test out my newly repaired boots.

* Eat a frog or two. :silenced:

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.”
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 December 2019 at 10:01AM
    Options
    Morning folks

Sneaking on at work while waiting for my project to import.

Dawn - I'll be honest, you are a better woman than me. If anyone came round my house and had a moan, they wouldn't be coming back!

Had a couple of nights of weird dreams. There's a few people on my mind and I've been dreaming about them. Not much mseness going on as such. We actually treated ourselves to a little bit of tea out at our fave cafe/bar haunt. But we did write the Christmas cards while we were there :A

Today's things:
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores
    :heartpuls Wash on 30 deg. Out by dehumidifier to dry (this new dehumidifier is FAB) - done
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work - done
    :heartpuls Check PMP - done
    :heartpuls Little mooch in the cs at lunchtime - done
    :heartpuls Look for cardboard boxes in the warehouse art work (for the lottie) - done
    :heartpuls Meal plan
    :heartpuls Shopping list
    :heartpuls Poss a bit of Secret Santaing

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 December 2019 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Ally, enjoy your precious days off :)
    Dawn, I hope the rest of the family visit goes as well as it can.
    Clf, what dehumidifier did you go for? We are thinking of getting one.
    PF, sorry to hear about the discount card being stolen :mad: Glad there wasn't more damage.
    Ditty, I hope that its all done and dusted for you tomorrow.
    lynneee, sounds like you're doing well.
    :wave: to all

Dh and I had a lovely night at the comedy gig, just a shame its a school night as we were in late and we were all struggling to get up today.
    So far I've
    * been to the gym and done two classes and refilled water bottle there
    * had monthly catch up with a friend - had enough loyalty stamps to have a free drink (I usually have a pot of tea there but today went for the biggest, cream covered, almondy hot chocolate on the menu and it was lovely! Made the most of the freebie I feel! )
    * picked up an anniversary card for my folks from the cheap card place.

Still to do
    :heart2: make families lunches for tomorrow :A
    :heart2: check banking/update spreadsheet :A
    :heart2: finish off the last of the chicken in something for tea
    :heart2: put up one of the two xmas trees :A
    :heart2: put dry washing away from the airer :A
    :heart2: find a cable for ds1s computer, I think I put it away thinking it wasn't needed :A
    :heart2: iron dh's work shirts/trousers :A

That's my start, I'm not feeling great at the minute so have had some pills and hopefully they'll kick in whilst I crack on!

Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Spent my first actual Christmas money today : £6 on two choc calendars.
    Worked a whole day cover kerching, Christmas lights, yes I can bring luggage on my Christmas trip.
    Now back to work presentation for tomorrow this has been going on since October 22 and I am spent. I had a run in with boss and now have targets! Fingers crossed last day of pain.
    Bubbely tomorrow if I pass.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • lynneee
    lynneee Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, sounds like everyone is having a reasonable week so far, which is good to hear.
    Everyone took pack lunches today, I had a few bits to pay for at school for ds3 (Christmas and primary school = £££!)
    But other than that I haven't spent any money!
    Tomorrow will be spendy as I'm at the hairdressers but I've managed to go 8 weeks instead of 6 so that's saved a little bit!
    Still need to sit down with dh and plan Christmas and then go and buy everything, we've done nothing as yet apart from put up the tree so really need to get on it.
    Things are ticking over nicely!
    Hope you all sleep well, I'm off to bed.
    mortgage £800 overpayment 2022. £600/£2400 2023 🙂 savings £1853/£1800 😊
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 December 2019 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Morning :D I've been up for ages! Sadly not much done in that time due to light sleepers!

PF the sleepover went really well :D thanks for asking

ally hope you're ok x

Today:

[STRIKE]* hang up load of washing[/STRIKE] have done a second load of washing, double spun and will hang up shortly
    [STRIKE]* have made madam a packed lunch & oh a sandwich using the rest of last night's beef ;)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* TOMM[/STRIKE] kitchen looking spic and span :D managed to put a massive bag for the cs together and also threw out a bag of stuff from the larder & tidied up a bit in there. Not so overwhelming now!
    * sew the zip and trousers! Must do them today as have to return both tomorrow...
    * if I have time after this will cut out interfacing for bag and make a start on that :D
    * go to the allotment after lunch and make a start on preparations for winter as forecast looks good and it's been dry the last few days
    * maybe a games night or craft session with madam after school
    * return library books
    * Put up towel rail in bathroom
    * start replying to email from my manager
    [STRIKE]* have bubble bath [/STRIKE]and a pamper session tonight

Ok that's it for me I think
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 December 2019 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Morning folks!

I was absolutely zonked by the time I got home last night. Waited up for OH to get in, and then to bed about 10. I'm on leave for a week now although OH brought home the ominous news that after he'd left his mum's, she came down with a vomiting bug. I swear if I get sick again I'm just going to live in a plastic bubble forever.

Today's things:
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores - done
    :heartpuls Reconcile budget sheet - done
    :heartpuls Pay allotment invoice - done
    :heartpuls Meal plan - done
    :heartpuls Shopping list - done
    :heartpuls Spend some time at the allotment with OH - done
    :heartpuls Put up the Christmas decs - done
    :heartpuls Get address book out and address Christmas cards - done
    :heartpuls Check PMP - done
    :heartpuls Added dehumidifier water to my free flush bucket - done
    :heartpuls Use reusable sanitary protection - done

Will add more as I go if there's more

Have a good one all

clf x
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Hope you stay bug free CLF

My list today:

Find out when work lunch is and see if I can make it
    Pick up parcel from PO and then set up items when home.
    Make a couple of calls
    Go and collect a click and collect item
    Small shop, have list may have to go to more than 1 shop to get the best price
    Nap
    Try and write a couple of cards
    Check for birthday cards needed in early January so I am prepared
    Turned heating down 0.5 this morning. Every little helps.

Have a good day all. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport