New neighbours don't get the etiquette

Options

Comments

• onwards&upwards
    Options
    The only way to have a car but no drive is to be incredibly zen and calm about it and to accept that you sometimes have to walk a bit further to get to and from your car. Think of it as good exercise!
  • LADYXXMACBETH
    Options
    The only way to have a car but no drive is to be incredibly zen and calm about it and to accept that you sometimes have to walk a bit further to get to and from your car. Think of it as good exercise!

I don't mind this. It's not actually bothering me, but I want to resolve it as best I can because it obviously bothers her.
    I can't park anywhere else really. No my landlord doesn't want a driveway and I can't afford to move and I wouldn't anyway.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    I don't mind this. It's not actually bothering me, but I want to resolve it as best I can because it obviously bothers her.

It absolutely DOES bother you.

BTW there's an unwritten rule that everyone that I answer to in forum posts pays me £10..... how will you be paying???
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options

If I could buy you a pint I would!!
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't mind this. It's not actually bothering me.
    Well clearly it does else you wouldn't have started this thread.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I can't park anywhere else really. No my landlord doesn't want a driveway and I can't afford to move and I wouldn't anyway.

If it doesn’t bother you, why not just accept that anyone can park on the road , and if you have to park and walk so be it
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Why do people buy houses with no off street parking?
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• LADYXXMACBETH
    Options
    The parking dispute isn't really the problem. I'll park there if I have to but I wanted advice about how to not annoy the neighbour by doing it.
    So I will park on the road, it will and apparently does !!!! her off. I don't want to cause parking wars so how do I approach it so she accepts that it's alright and she should learn to drive properly so she can get out of her driveway. What bothers me is annoying the neighbour not having nowhere to park.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why do people buy houses with no off street parking?

Because they are typically cheaper than those with an off-street parking space.
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Because they are typically cheaper than those with an off-street parking space.

Yes so suitable for people who cannot afford cars :-)
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport