New neighbours don't get the etiquette

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• LADYXXMACBETH
    Options
    Cor! This just went on and on...anyway, the new neighbour has decided that because she can't park in her driveway she will also park on the road. But it gets better, we now have next door that is churning up the green at the front parking their 4x4s. I personally think it's funny, however the town council don't and it's going to consultation soon.
    I changed my car to a smart car so it's tiny and I can always park somewhere now and not cause an obstruction. I was correct that if I wasn't parking in front of her house someone else would and last week she got to look at 2 farm vehicles from her living room window. I did tell her, and if she wants to take my neighbours on she's a braver woman that me.
    All in all its worked out for me quite well as I now no longer have to park opposite her house and someone else is doing it instead.
    If she hadn't been so rude to me in the first place and been kind I would have accommodated her request as well as I could have...I'm not sure she's very happy about her purchase.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    however the town council don't and it's going to consultation soon.
    Consultation on what? Parking restrictions?
  • Scrapit
    Scrapit Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cor! This just went on and on...anyway, the new neighbour has decided that because she can't park in her driveway she will also park on the road. But it gets better, we now have next door that is churning up the green at the front parking their 4x4s. I personally think it's funny, however the town council don't and it's going to consultation soon.
    I changed my car to a smart car so it's tiny and I can always park somewhere now and not cause an obstruction. I was correct that if I wasn't parking in front of her house someone else would and last week she got to look at 2 farm vehicles from her living room window. I did tell her, and if she wants to take my neighbours on she's a braver woman that me.
    All in all its worked out for me quite well as I now no longer have to park opposite her house and someone else is doing it instead.
    If she hadn't been so rude to me in the first place and been kind I would have accommodated her request as well as I could have...I'm not sure she's very happy about her purchase.
    Doesn't sound like any hardship on her part. But you have changed your vehicle...
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 January 2020 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Scrapit wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like any hardship on her part. But you have changed your vehicle...
    No, OP has suffered no inconvenience or hassle at all. It's clear that the annoyance and inconvenience is all her neighbour's. OP has told us on numerous occasions she's not bothered by any of this, which is why she feels the need to remind us every now and then.
  • Scrapit
    Scrapit Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No, OP has suffered no inconvenience or hassle at all. It's clear that the annoyance and inconvenience is all her neighbour's. OP has told us on numerous occasions she's not bothered by any of this, which is why she feels the need to remind us every now and then.
    Yes , with hind sight that is clearly apparent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure